Illinois Week Pressers

Mavric

52 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think vaccination rates of the team is pertinent considering the announcement today from the B1G that teams unable to compete due to COVID will forfeit the game. 

Again, these are not gotcha questions being asked. They're being asked to every coach in the country.

You are asking for more than what you need to know, plus he answered the question like most coaches do. If you haven’t learned already, NC State did, is that the NCAA will change a “policy” on a whim. There is no need to expose themselves to anything you think you need to know other than they are complying with the protocols. 

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The NCAA is not going to complete it's investigation in a matter of weeks.  They don't exactly work fast in these issues.

Maybe true. We have no idea how long this "investigation" has been going on behind the scenes. Also, doesn't mean Trev and the NU legal team didn't do their research and say. "Scott, most of these cases end in a short suspension. We're going to get ahead of this and you're going to preemptively sit this one out to stem additional punishment later." Like I said, pure speculation, probably not accurate, but....

I was about to say that I too have had a rough couple weeks at work, but when it came time to give a couple training presentations today, I pasted on a smile and turned on the charm anyway, and I would expect Frost to do the same. 

However, I didn't see anything that bad in the clip of Frost's presser. We don't really expect to get a lot of useful info from these things do we? Ever? In fact, this one seemed very Osborne-esque in its dryness and boring delivery. The only difference is winning. So let's win some damn games and not worry about the presser.

1 hour ago, rocketlb said:

I think it could be "childish"....until you hear Sam's question, which was "Do you want to tell us?"  At that point, I think he deserved that answer.

But .. but ... but ... the media is just doing their jobs.  Simply reporting on what is said.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

But .. but ... but ... the media is just doing their jobs.  Simply reporting on what is said.

I haven't read any of the articles put out after today's presser.  So I truly don't know how much of it is going on within the Nebraska media right now, but almost any answer could be skewed to fit a narrative without proper context.  I know Sherman gets accused of not giving readers proper context A LOT...and I've kinda questioned his motives a few times, given what he tweets out.  Other than that, though, most of the media I've read (Sam, Sip, Parker, and Christopherson mostly) at least attempt to give context to their quotes.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Decked said:

I can’t believe people are mad that they didn’t release a depth chart lol. That’s how you know we are so close! The off-season is always too long. 

I still feel this has been a 2 year offseason. Last year was a weird half season with no fans that seems like it didn't really happen. 

And yes I want a damn depth chart! Give me something to look at this week, come on!

• Plus1 3