Illinois Week Pressers

Mavric

8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The guy is paid 5 million a year. Cry me a river.

His job is to do media interviews so stories can be written and reported to the fans.  

If taking questions after being a miserable coach on the field and garnering multiple off-field idiotic moments entirely self created by his own words and actions is difficult, he can donate that salary back to the university. 

If he keeps cashing the check, maybe he should be happy that the only thing keeping this Football Program relevant is fan support - so answer the questions so I can read articles about the program I love. 

smallest-violin-funny.gif

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

21 hours ago, Toe said:

You wonder if we'll even see a depth chart again in the Frost era at this point. Like why the secrecy? What's there to hide that we don't already know?

My guess is it's a bit of a pissing contest between him and the media. I'm not a huge fan of the media so I kinda get it, but I can't think of a strategic advantage of not releasing it.

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

From an Illini Board...sounds like they know how to beat NU

defense must make Taylor Martinez stay in pocket instead of getting outside where he is good on rollout passes and scrambling. must keep contain. Beat Nebraska.

One of their reporters called him Adrian Peterson by accident - they're just hella confused. I am very curious what they actually do though, they tried to talk up how both their offense and defense are brand new collaborations, not just the OC's offense and the DC's defense that they ran at their previous stops. But a lot of that feels like coach speak and it probably won't look very different than what those guys have run before. At least to people like me, who definitely aren't casual fans but also will not be able to pick up unique or tweaked alignment/schemes.

Ideally the OL talk is real and we can pound them into submission without needing to scheme against their defense specifically, I'm hoping this year we can do that more instead of getting too cute with the tailored gameplans. I'm sure more went into it than I realize, but Minnesota last year felt like one of those. That was a bad defense, and instead of a basic gameplan we ended up with what was probably a terrific plan that went to crap once our QBs couldn't hit the throws. Hoping we're good enough to revert back to just pounding our base plays if that happens this year.