NU alternates for 2021 leaked

S8rVo3b.gif

Oh goodie, we're back to using 9-11 as an advertisement for the military.

Couldn't we do something to honor the people who were more directly involved in the events of 9-11? You know, like the first responders and the ordinary people who died that day? Or is this supposed to be 'honoring' the fact that the military didn't stop Al Queada that day?

• Plus1 7
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

How is camo at all an appropriate way to remember 9/11? Pretty f#&%ed up if you think about it.

No kidding!

Considering the events of the past 2 weeks, I'm not sure how many servicemen and servicewomen really want to be reminded about their military experience related to 9/11.  It might be kind of awkward...

It's kind of like letting a 70 year old ex-marine throw out the first pitch at an international baseball game against the Vietnamese to celebrate the fall of communism.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

How is camo at all an appropriate way to remember 9/11? Pretty f#&%ed up if you think about it.

It’s pure f*cking trash honestly. It’s not even the pattern used by the military at the time and the grey on white or whatever you want to call it looks like you’re trying to sneak up on a f*cking yeti. 
The convolution regarding the “throwback” logo and font completely detracts from whatever tribute they’re allegedly attempt to pay.

this entire thing embodies the entire unfocused and comical (not to me but nationally) state of this program. 

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, pubes said:

It’s pure f*cking trash honestly. It’s not even the pattern used by the military at the time and the grey on white or whatever you want to call it looks like you’re trying to sneak up on a f*cking yeti. 
The convolution regarding the “throwback” logo and font completely detracts from whatever tribute they’re allegedly attempt to pay.

this entire thing embodies the entire unfocused and comical (not to me but nationally) state of this program. 

image.jpeg

• Plus1 1

I'm confused about something

2019 we did the black top, white pant blackshirt alternates. 2020 we did black top and black pants...but we had a whole Halloween/horror movie short film twitter thing about the Blackshirt alternates being an away all-white uniform.

Did we just never wear those? Because the production and hype surrounding that horror short were pretty big if I recall.

7 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I'm confused about something

2019 we did the black top, white pant blackshirt alternates. 2020 we did black top and black pants...but we had a whole Halloween/horror movie short film twitter thing about the Blackshirt alternates being an away all-white uniform.

Did we just never wear those? Because the production and hype surrounding that horror short were pretty big if I recall.

I kinda forgot about those

https://saturdaytradition.com/nebraska-football/legend-of-the-blackshirts-nebraska-reveals-alternate-uniform-in-haunting-hype-video/

6 minutes ago, GSG said:

I guess maybe we didn't wear them because they were supposed to be for the Wisconsin game which was on or a day or so off of Halloween and it got canceled?

I sure hope we see them sometime though, loved the look of them.