COVID-19 in 2021

Mavric

19 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

I'm going to the game in Champaign-Urbana and really considering bringing along a mask. I am vaccinated but I have a pregnant wife who is vaccinated and a 9 year old. So I'll probably be masked up.

you are smart, but wearing the mask will get old, just sayin.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, internetman said:

I have no doubt that Trev did this. if moos was still "in-charge"...  Trev already paying for himself 

That is cool by me. If Trev provided guidance, Scott still had to rally the troops. Hopefully this is what Scott has been missing. Guy like Hoiberg you can be hands off with. Frost still needs more guidance, glad we have an AD willing to provide it. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 3
22 hours ago, junior4949 said:

I'm surprised UNL hasn't made it mandatory yet considering some of the smaller Nebraska colleges have.  It's a little concerning watching what is happening in Israel where the Pfizer vaccine is only 39% effective against the Delta variant.  For those of you going to the games, be careful out there.    

I would think the worry would be, much like Kim Reynolds at Iowa, Gov. Ricketts would use it for political theater.  He's pretty good at that.  The amplified bullhorn would generate a crapstorm that no one wants.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

I would think the worry would be, much like Kim Reynolds at Iowa, Gov. Ricketts would use it for political theater.  He's pretty good at that.  The amplified bullhorn would generate a crapstorm that no one wants.

Iowa City went against Reynolds and re-instituted a mask mandate and signs went up on all of the dorms letting students know (this was during move in week).  The next morning, all of the signs were gone and the University released a statement that as a State institution they were bound by state law to ignore all attempted mask mandates so it ended up going nowhere.  Someone at the governor's office obviously made a quick call to the University reminding them of where a lot of their money comes from :(

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s time for Nebraska and any other program who hasn’t done it already to end this “personal choice “ BS and mandate the vaccine.  It’s not a personal choice.  They’re going to infect others and therefore “choose “ for them too.  I like Coach Frost, but he’s among the wrong about this.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is in the wake of the decision by Tulsa to suspend volleyball activities due to Covid, thus canceling Nebraska's first match of the season.  Both Jeff & Coach Pettit have very good points here.

While I understand that players are most likely making decisions base on input from parents, that does not absolve the coach.  The coach is responsible for fielding a team.  If a parent tells their kid that it's okay to skip practice if they aren't listed as a starter, it's still the coach's choice to keep that kid on the team.

I get that Frost and other coaches are playing a difficult game of keeping players happy to prevent bad morale.  It would be hard to kick a kid off for not getting vaccinated.  It could blow up in a hurry and the whole locker room is shot.  If he chooses not to mandate it, that's his call.  But when it comes to on-field results, the credit/blame goes to the coach, not the parents.

21 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It’s time for Nebraska and any other program who hasn’t done it already to end this “personal choice “ BS and mandate the vaccine.  It’s not a personal choice.  They’re going to infect others and therefore “choose “ for them too.  I like Coach Frost, but he’s among the wrong about this.  

Agreed. The "personal choice" crowd had their time in the sun and failed society miserably...not that many of them were shining beacons of societal discourse in the first place. 

Now it's time to go back to rationality and common sense and mandate masks and vaccination for all that physically can. Trev and Scott need to quit being cowards and make it happen. 

On a related note, zombie shows seem all the more plausible now thanks to the "personal choice" crowd...so there's a silver lining to everything, right?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1