Besides a win...

1. Return of the vertical passing game. We need some quick-strike ability and the whole O works better when the defense has to protect the whole field. 

2. Improved ST's. Real efforts have finally been made to improve our woeful ST's. Time to see results. 

3. Cut way down on drive-killing errors- turnovers and dumb penalties. 

• Plus1 1
On 8/26/2021 at 3:49 PM, Husker in WI said:

I get the hate for the play, but assuming we're throwing it to the right guys I actually hope to see several. They are presumably turning their DEs into OLBs, and it would be pretty negligent to not test their ability to cover ground laterally. Also pretty fair to assume they will load the box and make us prove we're willing to throw to unproven WRs. So I expect many of our plays that depend on a certain number of defenders in the box will take the wide option which is frequently a swing or bubble.

For me:

1) No big plays (20+ yard runs, 40+ yard passes) allowed on D

2) A consistent ground game 

3) Winning the TO battle

Agree about throwing to the right guy. Don't throw a damn swing-pass to a guy that can't make people miss. Also, NO MORE BACKWARDS PASSES, that crap is a turnover or lost yards just waiting to happen. 

On 8/26/2021 at 1:05 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Four quarters of competitive football. 

If I can pick only one quarter: the fourth. 

More than zero quarterback hurries and sacks. 

Running backs by committee average 5+ yards a carry, but one RB already looks ready to separate from the pack. 

Energy on the sidelines.

It's almost like they went out of their way to make me sad.

The sacks were nice, I guess, but they didn't seem to apply to the second string quarterback who calmly led them to the win.