*** The Official Nebraska @ Illinois Game Thread ***

knapplc

Scott Frost will always be a Cornhusker. He will always be a Nebraska National Champion, however...

This will most likely be Frost's last year as Nebraska's Head Coach.

0-3 in season openers

0 - bowl games

His prized QB has regressed each season.

His offensive scheme that he has tried to run has not worked.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

2 minutes ago, louisianared said:

Our 1 minute offense looks bad 

Did anybody run any routes towards the sidelines?  You'd think a guy who was a safety in the NFL could teach our kids how to run proper routes in the two minute offense.  Instead our guys are running out there aimlessly.  

We have less talent than Illinois.  The lack of speed popped out the most in this game to me.  I predicted four wins.  I was too optimistic.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Scott Frost will always be a Cornhusker. He will always be a Nebraska National Champion, however...

This will most likely be Frost's last year as Nebraska's Head Coach.

0-4 in season openers

0 - bowl games

His prized QB has regressed each season.

His offensive scheme that he has tried to run has not worked.

...except Trev Alberts says he's not playing for his job this year.

I was excited all week for this game and I had high hopes for this team in Frost’s 4th year. After this game, it looks like another 4-8 or 3-9 season. I did not see one thing that gives me hope we can turn things around. Not one player stood out for me and our unspecified teams keep sinking to lower depths every year

• Plus1 1

I love Scott… but we are not good from an entire team standpoint. And that is….. disappointing. We will win next two. Then get throttled by Oklahoma. The three after that are the big question. Can you win those? I hope so. But I’m not holding my breath which makes me sad as a fan. 

4 minutes ago, Nebgreen said:

This coaching staff has zero creativity, no willingness to try trick plays or anything other than your typical handoff to a guy who runs smack-dab into the defense.  

They can't recruit talent.  Martinez's legs were our offense today.  The receivers are slow and can't get open.  If they do get open which happened a few times, Martinez gets too excited and misses them.  And despite the hype of a few RB's, we have absolutely no talent in that room.  The o-line that was hyped as being big and strong got beat all day by ILLINOIS.  I'm glad that Oklahoma game is on so early here.  Hopefully I sleep through all of it.  

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

If Fordham scores a point he should be fired 

Agreed!!!  If we don’t wipe them off the face of the f***ing Earth, he needs to be tossed out of his office a$$-first.  I’m sick of Frosty the Snowflake’s sorry a$$.  I never thought I’d say this, but I miss Bo Pelini.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, FLusker said:

I love Scott… but we are not good from an entire team standpoint. And that is….. disappointing. We will win next two. Then get throttled by Oklahoma. The three after that are the big question. Can you win those? I hope so. But I’m not holding my breath which makes me sad as a fan. 

Today was the lynchpin for 6+ Wins.  I’m not counting on it.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1