*** The Official Nebraska @ Illinois Game Thread ***

knapplc

5 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Really didn’t need a 7 plus minute drive, but I guess we still had a shot after. Do we not have any big plays? 

im traveling and can’t find a stat sheet, but I feel three plays changed this game. What percent is three plays? And I’m not sure if Cam Taylor-Britt’s boneheaded play was one of them. 

Unfortunately, our big plays tended to get blown up by penalties or the line mixing up their assignment. Mixing up the assignments caused Adrian to either get sacked or to scramble instead of keeping his eyes down field.

I think Cam's poor decision was important as it gave Illinois hope and started the groaning with fans (and possibly some of the team). I don't know how to rank the importance of certain plays but that was an error that was important. At the time, Illinois' best plays were the punts as their offense was getting stuffed by the defense for the most part. 

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

I wanna see clean football.

Sound blocking, sound tackling, limited penalities, limited turnovers, coherent special teams, receivers catching passes with two hands and holding on. Learn to build momentum, and keep it.

Well I knew it was a lot to ask for, but holy heck.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

They were open way more than you realize.  Having a step on someone is open.  Unfortunately AM doesn’t understand this. 

Having a step on the corner while running towards the safety or linebacker is not open.  I'm rewatching the game right now.  I am seeing a lot of bad, lazy routes and Martinez running for his life.  Obviously you saw things differently.