*** The Official Nebraska @ Illinois Game Thread ***

knapplc

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I was fairly pessimistic about the program this off season, so today's result (so far) has not really meant much to me. We've been down this road so many times now in the last couple of decades and this team doesn't look like it has made any progress beyond where they've been the last three seasons. Pure apathy from me.

I humored them by watching the first half today but that'll probably be the last of that this season.

Somewhat agree.  We lost our two most explosive playmakers on offense so not sure who was going to get those touches?  I’ll watch the games as much as I can but we lost our best guys at spreading the field.

Just now, lo country said:

We have better horses than any team in the west and better than most in the east.  Our staff sucks.  Put this staff at OSU and they still lose.  Bring Day and company here and we win the west year 1.

What are these horses you speak of?

We are no longer recruiting better than Wiscy and the like. (I feel like we never did, forget scouting sites and their team kings, B1G teams probably had better evaluation skills than we had.)

1 minute ago, lo country said:

We have better horses than any team in the west and better than most in the east.  Our staff sucks.  Put this staff at OSU and they still lose.  Bring Day and company here and we win the west year 1.

WE keep blaming every staff we hire for sucking, but I think by now we need to face the fact that we don't have like talent.  WE won't get like talent.

6 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

At least we don’t lose by 1 or 2 points so that bonehead safety won’t forever haunt us

Well, add to that the 7 free points on the AM fumble.  And, INT that would have given us the ball in Illinois territory, up 7 - that turned into a 30 yard penalty and cheap TD.  And a missed PAT.

That is at least 17 points.  

Just now, Nebhawk said:

Face the fact people, UCF had more talent than others teams in the AAC.  They might have had more talent than Nebraska has now or had then.  We don't have the talent.  NO matter who coaches our teams, we seem to never have like speed or muscle.  Just look at Illini players, they are bigger and stronger.  Bigger and stronger than us, by a mile.

On another thread, someone broke down our S&C......A Duval team has never had winning season other than UCF.  

8 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Frost looks like he’s done with this already.

He's now thinking about the postgame press conference.

Also, I just realized that Frost lawyer-ed up to fight for his payout in the face of the NCAA investigation. He knows he's gone if he doesn't win and that started today. If I was the TV director, I'd be constantly cutting to a camera focused on Trev Alberts' expression.

• Oh Yeah! 1