Who do we hire?

17 hours ago, Detasselingthehuskers said:

I’m done seeing this sloppy and poor effort type of football. Who do we hire to replace Frost at the end of this year? Obviously we won’t be a big job anymore after firing our “golden boy”, but we can toss money at some coordinator somewhere.

The question is who though?

Bob Stoops. Eager to return HC job.  B1G alumni.

15 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Campbell won't come to Nebraska.  He has too good of a thing going at Iowa State.  Unless it is something like Ohio State, he will stay put. 

We will have to pay Scott something to get out of the contract and avoid litigation.   I don't see this violation as much of an out clause, particularly if we do not fire him right away because of it.

The violation is only a piece of the pie that allows for a reduced buyout. However we seem to enjoy paying coaches for some reason so who really knows. I would be amazed if we pay him the full buyout though. 

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Thing that sucks is that if Frost goes so does Chins and Coach T and Deval. I just never thought that Frost offense would be the problem. But Frost never recruited above Adrian that is really frustrating. 

Honestly, not seeing anything from yesterday that shows me those 3 are any less deserving of a pink slip as D1 level talent.

1 minute ago, RichardHangslow said:

Really? I am watching the game now and I see a lot of improvement on the D. Our guys have not looked this big and strong in a long time.

Guess I didn't see stops when we needed stops.. I didn't see a stout run D.  I didn't see a consistent pass rush. I saw a decent defense for sure, but I certainly didn't see anything we can hang our hats on and be proud of on that side of the ball either.

3 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Really? I am watching the game now and I see a lot of improvement on the D. Our guys have not looked this big and strong in a long time.

And I saw all of that against the backup QB.

• Plus1 1
Just now, RichardHangslow said:

Just my opinion. 

I don't see Mitch walking away from from Jim who wins them on average 9-10 games a year.  He is their Bo, and they have witnessed what happens to your football program when you send off your 9-10 win golden goose as we did. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Guess I didn't see stops when we needed stops.. I didn't see a stout run D.  I didn't see a consistent pass rush. I saw a decent defense for sure, but I certainly didn't see anything we can hang our hats on and be proud of on that side of the ball either.

And I saw all of that against the backup QB.

Well to be far we should have got a pick that could have led to us being up 16-2 or 16-0 going into the half. The reason we did that against a back up is because of a sack on their starter, 3 sacks on that drive i think

2 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Well to be far we should have got a pick that could have led to us being up 16-2 or 16-0 going into the half. The reason we did that against a back up is because of a sack on their starter, 3 sacks on that drive i think

Agreed. That was a good series for the D until it fell apart. I would just argue we saw a couple of good drives by the offense as well but that doesn't mean they had a good game. Same should apply for our D. No, they weren't horrible and yes, they did a few good things, but certainly they didn't put together an above average entire game. CTB gave up an easy first down conversion soon after that should have been pick, at a time when a stop would have put a band aid on all of that.  I love me some CTB, but yesterday he let the team down as much as anybody.

if we fire frost...i don't care who we hire as long as we play good assignment football and stop shooting ourselves in the foot a half dozen times a game.    bowl games and championships have a much better chance of happening if we eliminate most of the WTF was that mistakes.

• Plus1 1