Who do we hire?

19 hours ago, Detasselingthehuskers said:

I’m done seeing this sloppy and poor effort type of football. Who do we hire to replace Frost at the end of this year? Obviously we won’t be a big job anymore after firing our “golden boy”, but we can toss money at some coordinator somewhere.

The question is who though?

John Cook .... in house job

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nope!  Doesn't matter.  People wanted, nay demanded, 5 years regardless of results.  Call their bluff. 

Whatever. I’ll take him to finish out his 5th year. At this point what’s the point? Nebraska football is so far down one more bad year isn’t going to hurt.

I was all in on Frost, even up until Friday. I was a, "give him his time," person.  I had to do a 180 after watching that debacle yesterday. That was the poorest display of coaching I have ever seen and that includes my 7 year olds flag YMCA team.  The only thing that explains it in a coach with his backround is off the field distractions.  There must be such glaring ball dropping going on there, and, if that is the case, there is no hope forward, for sure not this season. He will reap what he has sowed this offseason and there is no turning that back now. And he will deserve it, that SoaB

1 hour ago, Husker03 said:

Does it take 5 to learn not to call a QB sneak on first and 10?

Yeah, that is a BS job by the officials.  

The clock never stopped and they need to reset the sticks.  This is why the official is supposed to stand over the ball.

With that said, it was still a dumb mistake.

Also, I am getting more and more excited about Malzahn as the next HC

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, that is a BS job by the officials.  

The clock never stopped and they need to reset the sticks.  This is why the official is supposed to stand over the ball.

With that said, it was still a dumb mistake.

Also, I am getting more and more excited about Malzahn as the next HC

I had some stuff distracting me during the review so I didn't get a good look but I swear that 30 yard pass that set them up at the one looked like his only foot landed on the line also.  

Also what do you think about Napier? His offense is comparable to Gus' right?

If I were Trev and before the Iowa game, I’d say look Frost, you need to make some changes. I’ll publicly guarantee your contract if you replace your OC, DC, and get a special team coach that’s worth a crap. I will be involved in the hiring because I have certain criteria that I’m looking for. (Winning track record/building a team from scratch/identity/recruiting prowess). All of Nebraska wants you to be successful.

Frost would not accept it. When fans leave the stadium early because the coaching is so putrid and getting slapped around by flipping IOWA, Frost’s fate is sealed. Trev can say I tried to get him to make changes but coach wouldn’t. 

If Frost agrees to it, who knows? The new staff gets three years to go to a bowl. 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I had some stuff distracting me during the review so I didn't get a good look but I swear that 30 yard pass that set them up at the one looked like his only foot landed on the line also.  

Also what do you think about Napier? His offense is comparable to Gus' right?

Yeah, the foot was out, but again the call on the field made it hard to correct.

I don't know who Napier is, sorry!