Who do we hire?

40 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The rumor on reddit and rivals, was Frost met with the big hitters this morning. Ted Carter, Board of Regents. No idea if it's true. If it was true, no idea what it would be about, because the ball is in Trev's court. This was plastered all over the various boards the past 24 hours. 

If that meeting took place, it probably had to do with the NCAA investigation or some other 'state of the program' issue. It's also entirely possible this meeting was scheduled well in advance.

As we always say, just win and these kinds of things become non-issues and non-stories. People are all aboard the rumor mystery train right now because it's far more interesting than the football program.

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, Patrick OBrien said:

I said from the very start when Scott was hired that it would take 5 yrs to turn this program 

around if i were the A D i would give him 2 more years

however because of impatient people like you then if he does not go 6-6 and get to a bowl

then he will be fired at the END OF THIS SEASON we will then be paying him for the next 3-4 yrs

after losing so much money last year Iam not sure we can afford it

Scott reminds me of Bill Jennings he has the player talent but not very good coaches

So because I reply to a post along with 100+ other people now I'm impatient? I'm all for giving frost a chance to fix the program but so far the guy has showed me nothing, year 4 and sti making the same mistakes as his first year here. If it truly is his coaches as you say then once again that goes on him he is the coach. It is his job to hire the best coaches to develop the athletes. In the last 20+ years Nebraska has sadly become the laughing stock of college football prove me wrong.

8 hours ago, Enhance said:

If that meeting took place, it probably had to do with the NCAA investigation or some other 'state of the program' issue. It's also entirely possible this meeting was scheduled well in advance.

As we always say, just win and these kinds of things become non-issues and non-stories. People are all aboard the rumor mystery train right now because it's far more interesting than the football program.

It was regarding NCAA investigation etc. I hope Frost was able to make it 11am is pretty early for him. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2021 at 4:00 AM, Treand3 said:

This right here. He's used to dealing with a rabid fanbase, an administration/boosters that have high expectations(higher than ours) competing in the toughest division in college football with a juggernaut of a rival just a short drive away. All while never missing a bowl and winning that toughest division twice. By nature Nebraska will generally out recruit its west counterparts, so the biggest items will be getting the team to not beat itself and playing sound football. Gus, or anyone for that matter, comes it and wins a division, they will have built up so much goodwill that give them quite a bit of job security; In Gus' case he couldn't get even after what he did on the plains in Auburn.

That said, there still a full season to play out so everything will be what it will be. It's just that today was very inexcusable and completely preventable.

Yes, I like this idea.  His offense would fit too.  My only question is he has never been outside the South as far as I know.  If he has a good pool of money for assistants I think I would enjoy watching it work.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Works for CBS and he is a fantastic radio guy on SiriusXM

I was speaking at a Coaches Clinic in Reno- Rick Neuheisal was in the speakers lounge munching on the spread they had and sitting by himself. 30-40 guys in the room, no one talking to him. Had listened to his little talk about him volunteering to block on the kickoff team after a coach yelled- who wants to play and hit someone. He was knocked unconscious and broke his facemask. He was something like 6th team QB and had 24X as a number- meaning someone else had the number. Funny story, respected him more after that. 

I went over sat down- talked with him. As it turns out, very nice guy. I straightened him out on the "county scholarship" thing- he took it well, laughed. You never know sometimes. 

• Plus1 1