Who do we hire?

Just posted on another thread, haven’t seen anything else yet on here but have heard that Tony Dungy is going to be brought in strictly as an interim head coach for the rest of the year. Frost will be fired with cause. Dungy will hopefully be able to keep players and recruits in the program while Trev conducts through search for new permanent head coach 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Yes, I like this idea.  His offense would fit too.  My only question is he has never been outside the South as far as I know.  If he has a good pool of money for assistants I think I would enjoy watching it work.

Uses a power spread that can attract skill. I have no desire to employ a pro style scheme. Plus his buyout is relatively low compared to what it would be at a P5 school. 

I don't believe he's ever been outside of the south but he could be OK with not dealing with the grind of the SEC. Plus the opportunity at Nebraska is just waiting for someone to step up. I think NIL could factor in too.

Long way to go but I absolutely think this would be the way to go.

16 minutes ago, blackshirtsareback said:

Just posted on another thread, haven’t seen anything else yet on here but have heard that Tony Dungy is going to be brought in strictly as an interim head coach for the rest of the year. Frost will be fired with cause. Dungy will hopefully be able to keep players and recruits in the program while Trev conducts through search for new permanent head coach 

dumpster-fire-o.gif&f=1&nofb=1

I thought we would be done with gif's like this after we got rid of Riley. But here we are.

22 minutes ago, blackshirtsareback said:

:blink::lol::LOLtartar There's no way I'm believing this! Tony is going to come out of retirement and step away from his multi-million dollar TV gig to come in and deal with this dumpster fire?! 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

:blink::lol::LOLtartar There's no way I'm believing this! Tony is going to come out of retirement and step away from his multi-million dollar TV gig to come in and deal with this dumpster fire?! 

Trolls will be Trolls  :troll:      I agree with you 100%.    

28 minutes ago, blackshirtsareback said:

Tony, you had a good career as player and coach, but stop pushing this narrative.  Nebraska doesn't even want you in the state they are in.

• Haha 4

I think there are several good names in this thread, and as I said earlier, I think the best predictor for success at Nebraska would be somebody that has head success as a head coach at another P5 school for consecutive seasons.  The odds of a surprise like we have had with Frost are less, and I think this program and fan base need something that is more of a sure thing.  There are some good P5 coaches that are not in that current position, but the person that seems to be the best fit and may potentially come at good timing would be Matt Campbell.  With the demise of the Big 12, I would think a guy like Campbell would want to either join the SEC or move to a conference that is part of the "Alliance" as that is where the growth and focus will be in college football in the coming years.  I am thankful we have our current AD who seems to have many connections in the business.  

4 hours ago, Treand3 said:

Uses a power spread that can attract skill. I have no desire to employ a pro style scheme. Plus his buyout is relatively low compared to what it would be at a P5 school. 

I don't believe he's ever been outside of the south but he could be OK with not dealing with the grind of the SEC. Plus the opportunity at Nebraska is just waiting for someone to step up. I think NIL could factor in too.

Long way to go but I absolutely think this would be the way to go.

You would love Jamey Chadwell's scheme from Coastal Carolina then......

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Nebraska would not be able to pry Matt Campbell from Iowa State but Paul Rhoads would be PROUD to take the job.  He's already proven he can win at Nebraska.  

Wonder what Gene Chizik is doing nowadays?

Gene's drinking Jaeger out of his national championship trophy I bet. 

• Plus1 1

On 9/2/2021 at 11:34 AM, BigRedN said:

"Who do we hire?"  No one.  We will stand pat for at least two [2] more years.  It will be next year where the fan base will give up on trying to keep the sellout streak going and that will be the best way to communicate that winning 4-5 games the way we have won't cut it.  

The NCAA investigation is a way out of Frost's contract (technically and legally.) I think if he continues to trend downward and we have another losing season, we absolutely cannot afford to keep him for another year. There is cause to terminate his contract. Either way we slice it -- it could become an ugly divorce. Sadly, I think he's gonna be forced to make wholesale staff changes at the end of the year or else.

• Fire 1