Who do we hire?

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Unless there's a total meltdown this year - which is definitely possible, starting this week with Buffalo - he'll get his five years. I do expect some staff changes after this season, though... not because Frost wants to, but because he's forced to.

The time to make staffing changes was this past offseason and all we did was make an analyst upgrade. A fourth losing season and the CFB world largely writes-off this regime. Good coaches with options will not come here to crew what's seen as a sinking ship. We would have to beat the bushes for proven guys with baggage or unproven guys that are considered up-and-comers.  Plus recruiting will take another hit, we already dropped off the radar of 4*'s, we'll drop off the radar for high 3*'s too. Booster donations and season ticket sales(which also require donations) will take a hit. We have already lowered the bar considerably for Frost, if he can't clear that by making a bowl in year four I don't see reason to have faith and give him year 5. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

L U K E 

F I C K E L (sp ?) 

I dare you to do your research and NOT see how great he would be here. All he’s done at Cincy is…..produce great big strong athletic coordinated ATHLETIC (did I say that one already?) mean aggressive O LINEMAN who eat through their opponents at will!  Oh and by the way….your welcome in advance!  HOWEVER, I AM more than happy to give SF another couple years……or longer if need be. I got no other team to root for! 

11 hours ago, Danimal said:

The time to make staffing changes was this past offseason and all we did was make an analyst upgrade. A fourth losing season and the CFB world largely writes-off this regime. Good coaches with options will not come here to crew what's seen as a sinking ship. We would have to beat the bushes for proven guys with baggage or unproven guys that are considered up-and-comers.  Plus recruiting will take another hit, we already dropped off the radar of 4*'s, we'll drop off the radar for high 3*'s too. Booster donations and season ticket sales(which also require donations) will take a hit. We have already lowered the bar considerably for Frost, if he can't clear that by making a bowl in year four I don't see reason to have faith and give him year 5. 

for the record I agree with you... I was just stating what I think will happen

Never thought there would be a time in my lifetime where we'd be a double-digit underdog to Coastal Carolina if we played

• Plus1 1

I really don't think we fire Frost at this point. You maybe need to force a couple of changes. One they have got to get a special teams coach and improve in that area. Offensive line must improve they are still fairly year. Give the o line coach one more year if we don't see improvement he gets fired and Frost gets a couple more years. Then if it the program still stinks you can fire him. 

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Who can we hire - probably not Luke Fickell.   

"Great fortunes you have to be building something"........

If Frost is allowed to stay, gotta can the offensive staff....Year 4 and worse than year 1.........Shoulda, coulda, woulda......I'd look at Herman to be OC/QB coach....Offer Ron Brown to coach WR or RB....

If Frost goes, Jamey Chadwell from Coastal Carolina.

26 minutes ago, lo country said:

"Great fortunes you have to be building something"........

If Frost is allowed to stay, gotta can the offensive staff....Year 4 and worse than year 1.........Shoulda, coulda, woulda......I'd look at Herman to be OC/QB coach....Offer Ron Brown to coach WR or RB....

If Frost goes, Jamey Chadwell from Coastal Carolina.

Yep  building something is what we thought we’d see 

If the O keeps failing then those coaches need to be canned and we get a real OC and new staff. Same wt ST.  

Coach Day loses one game  - 1st regular season game in 3 years - and he is talking about making changes. 

Frost has lost 21 games and he is talking:  "It's that nothing works better than the status quo"

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bm5oash2dw115hbtqyvm

Ryan Day Says There Will Be Defensive Changes at Ohio State (msn.com)

We are going to make some adjustments, some changes. We have to," Day said Tuesday.

Ryan Day refused to throw anyone under the bus publicly during his first weekly press conference leading up to this weekend's game. A press conference that is usually reserved for previewing the upcoming opponent was littered with tough questions about a defense that got shredded by Oregon last Saturday and a Buckeye team that is dealing with it's first regular season loss in three years of the Ryan Day era.

But while he wouldn't air any dirty laundry or specify the kinds of conversations he's had with his staff behind closed doors (who could blame him for trying to keep that in house), he was firm in his frustrations and expressed them without mincing words.

• Plus1 3
14 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Coach Day loses one game  - 1st regular season game in 3 years - and he is talking about making changes. 

Frost has lost 21 games and he is talking:  "It's that nothing works better than the status quo"

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bm5oash2dw115hbtqyvm

Ryan Day Says There Will Be Defensive Changes at Ohio State (msn.com)

He's talking about changes because they went from the 4th ranked scoring defense (13.7 ppg) in his first year to 44th (25.8) in his second, and now they've given up an average of 33 per game this year. It wouldn't stay that high even if they kept the status quo, but it's a downward trend. I think Frost could have made more changes, but he fired the OC which is the change you'd expect for a struggling offense. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2