Who do we hire?

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

He's talking about changes because they went from the 4th ranked scoring defense (13.7 ppg) in his first year to 44th (25.8) in his second, and now they've given up an average of 33 per game this year. It wouldn't stay that high even if they kept the status quo, but it's a downward trend. I think Frost could have made more changes, but he fired the OC which is the change you'd expect for a struggling offense. 

Yes, I did forget that Frost did fire the previous OC.  Maybe because the OCs have been in title only wt Frost still calling the plays, etc.  

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Coach Day loses one game  - 1st regular season game in 3 years - and he is talking about making changes. 

Frost has lost 21 games and he is talking:  "It's that nothing works better than the status quo"

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bm5oash2dw115hbtqyvm

First off, props on the Seymour Skinner gif.

Here's my quick analysis on Ohio State's defensive situation: They've had continuity of program and continuity of players. By my count they have 8 upperclassmen as starters on defense.

Our parallel for the struggling portion of our team is our offense. By my count (and depending on what the depth chart really is), we have a healthy smattering of upperclassmen on offense but then we have a lot of underclassmen getting significant playing time out there as well.

So I'm not sure there's a strong correlation to our two situations necessarily.

But I will say that if I'm forced to choose a weak leak on this team I'm definitely going with Greg Austin. And since your offensive line makes your football team, that is one big area of concern. But the recruits are there, that's for sure.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Laugh all you want about Greg Schiano but the guy has already rebuilt the bottom dweller Rutgers within a year something that Frost still hasn’t accomplished in year 4….YEAR 4. Take some time and check out Rutgers 2022 recruiting class and rankings. Spent a few years under Urban Meyer and is a pretty solid coach 

Both Penn State and Ohio State also came forward defending Schiano and stating that he had nothing to do with the scandal at Penn State. The national sports pundits absolutely obliterated Tennessee for how they handled the Schiano hire/fire and their overreaction to the social media hit on Schiano. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Schiano? HECK no. 

I'm still on the Monken train. Just LOOK at this:

Ain't it just beautiful? We struggle to get people open. Army had guys open all over the place. On the TD pass,  there were TWO guys, without anyone within 20 yards, at least. 

But I dream...

At 17:50  a beautiful inside trap ---  remember those??   (I think 1994 NC game and the winning TD vs Miami  )

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Caveman said:

Chris Klieman 

I thought of him too.  He's proven successful and knows how to win championships.  However, now that the Big 12 has expanded and has maintained viability, his chance to get to the playoffs is much easier going through the Big 12 then the Big 10.