Who do we hire?

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'd just rather use the Lincoln Riley approach and have our HC coach the QB in order to address the biggest issue in special teams

Yet when we did that people claimed our QBs weren't being developed and we needed to have a dedicated QB coach.

Moral of the story: people will complain and insist if we would just do __________ differently it would instantly solve all our problems.

• Plus1 3

I think Frost needs to switch around his staff. His RB coach isn’t getting it done. His OL coach is a bust and his QB coach isn’t getting the job done. He needs to revamp his entire offensive staff and maybe even his scheme. Keep defense working. The offense does nothing to help them out. I’m a fan of a power run offense. You can sprinkle in a dual threat and some option plays.

Nobody runs I-Formation as a staple anymore so teams struggle to defend it. Imagine if we went back to it. Bring back the fullback!

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, FTW said:

I think Frost needs to switch around his staff. His RB coach isn’t getting it done. His OL coach is a bust and his QB coach isn’t getting the job done. He needs to revamp his entire offensive staff and maybe even his scheme. Keep defense working. The offense does nothing to help them out. I’m a fan of a power run offense. You can sprinkle in a dual threat and some option plays.

Nobody runs I-Formation as a staple anymore so teams struggle to defend it. Imagine if we went back to it. Bring back the fullback!

The offensive scheme has looked pretty damn good......

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yet when we did that people claimed our QBs weren't being developed and we needed to have a dedicated QB coach.

Moral of the story: people will complain and insist if we would just do __________ differently it would instantly solve all our problems.

When did we have our HC as QB Coach? 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, FTW said:

I think you fire Austin first and give Held another year. It’s hard to tell if your RBs are good if there’s no holes to run through 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It is honestly extremely frustrating because these are things Frost should have done after LAST year. Our RB rotation makes no sense. Our OL play has been well below average. We never actually addressed ST and instead just put it on a position coach. Bill Busch will drastically help with recruiting and Ron Brown will develop you a RB as he has done time and time again at NU. 

can't agree more.  The RB carousel is ridiculous.  4 games in and still do not have a starter.  After talking in fall they were going to/needed to find that one guy.....My a$$

16 minutes ago, lo country said:

can't agree more.  The RB carousel is ridiculous.  4 games in and still do not have a starter.  After talking in fall they were going to/needed to find that one guy.....My a$$

I agree and I can see why so many players leave our program. Frost and his staff are incapable of identifying true talent and who to start in certain areas. Some players are out there that just completely baffle me. Yet he sticks with them. Does anyone really think Saban/Meyer/name whatever GOAT coach you want to name would stick with a player that’s not cutting it on the field?

Frost has to get over his own ego and beliefs. Sometimes you’ve gotta roll the dice on players. That’s how you find out who the great ones are. Saban threw Tua in a CFB playoff final out of no where and won a f#&%ing natty!!!!

• Plus1 1

SDSU fans asking me what we thought of Greg Bell. He’s rushed like over 100 three straight games for them including against Utah yesterday. Seemed to me he wanted to be the guy so looks like working out for him at SDSU. Is this anything related to him not having holes to run through while he was here or he was better than we thought or level of competition? I don’t think he was ever going to be the guy here but also hate to lose guys that show they can play.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, FTW said:

I agree and I can see why so many players leave our program. Frost and his staff are incapable of identifying true talent and who to start in certain areas. Some players are out there that just completely baffle me. Yet he sticks with them. Does anyone really think Saban/Meyer/name whatever GOAT coach you want to name would stick with a player that’s not cutting it on the field?

Frost has to get over his own ego and beliefs. Sometimes you’ve gotta roll the dice on players. That’s how you find out who the great ones are. Saban threw Tua in a CFB playoff final out of no where and won a f#&%ing natty!!!!

I think he coaches against the ghost of TO.  Almost as if he wants to prove the critics wrong.  That he is an offensive guru and his scheme can work.  When you abuse JD and Wan'dale because of lack of other options, that's on the coach and staff....When the guys you recruit are playing behind walk-ons that's on the staff.  The no clear depth chart is ridiculous.  Like you said, take a chance.  Trust your eyes and gut.  

I think OSU who brings in Jones at QB and his 3 games......B1G playoff, CFB playoff and NC......Not bad.  Hurts getting benched for Tua in the NC......Winners play winners, not favorites.  Rumor has it TF was not the most liked guy, but he was respected and balled out......Play those guys.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

SDSU fans asking me what we thought of Greg Bell. He’s rushed like over 100 three straight games for them including against Utah yesterday. Seemed to me he wanted to be the guy so looks like working out for him at SDSU. Is this anything related to him not having holes to run through while he was here or he was better than we thought or level of competition? I don’t think he was ever going to be the guy here but also hate to lose guys that show they can play.

Truth.  I think the staff are like kids at Christmas with so many options and shiny toys.  They just mess with all and don't really develop much (on the O side as I think D has done well)  It makes the transfer easier if they are doing poorly ie JD....Harder seeing Bell or Wan'dale..... 

I wonder if there is a team that will bring in Clay Helton as a coach for offense? Slovis also got knocked out of the game yesterday and Dart came in and did well. Daniels went down to injury and got replaced by Slovis, now Slovis gets injured and replaced by Dart. Daniels landed well at Georgia. My prediction is if Slovis loses his job to Dart then he will transfer to the team that hires Helton. Although I could see Helton taking time off as his buy out I think was like $12 million. 

Disclaimer:  Kinda emotional post:

Mojo, karma, luck or whatever makes it feel like we’re just destined to lose.

We have the potential to be so much better with who we already have on the team, but can’t make ‘The’ play. 2 lame duck passes should have been INTs weren’t. One almost great play by Braxton, but couldn’t pull it in. And we just make it worse because Penalties all over the place on the most successful drives that we have or occur at the start of a drive.

Refs don’t catch all of them, but it sure feels like they catch them when we do something. Where are the calls on the other team when they score on us? lol 

I’m waiting for plays like Frost to Davison to win the game vs Mizzou. A play like that never happens for us now. I don’t think that’s due to coaching or talent.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Otterpop said:

Yes it does but if you knew football it’s not the defense fault. They held Oklahoma to lowest point total in Lincoln Riley career. In the two losses the defense has given up 21 points that definitely good enough to win. 

Especially when the whole purpose of Frost was his offensive prowess. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1