Who do we hire?

1 hour ago, Kentmick said:

Bob Stoops nor Urban Meyer would ever come to Nebraska. Period. 

There are many schools that would be far more attractive.

I love Nebraska and want it to be a dream job, but it is no longer one. It hasn't been for many, many years.

As backwards as this sounds, Frost is making this a more attractive job in two ways. We won't be getting rid of a winning coach and we gave a coach four losing seasons to figure it out. The only kink would be that a lot of people knew how this season was going to go...so one could argue that if Frost wasn't given this shameful and irresponsible contract, he would have been gone by now.

So, at Nebraska of all places we can say our expectations aren't unrealistic and we are willing to give someone more than 3 years to solve this mystery.

See, NU is a dream gig because it is the best school with the best resources in a horrible division. 

Now, they are not getting Meyer or Stoops but the job is literally plug and play for any non-jinxed coach.

• Plus1 1

Just now, In the Deed the Glory said:

I am starting to hope Chinander gets a shot at this job.  Something I never thought I’d say...

If Chinander is in daily meetings with Frost and not currently giving advice to make the team better, it won’t start happening by just giving him the title of “head coach”.

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

If Chinander is in daily meetings with Frost and not currently giving advice to make the team better, it won’t start happening by just giving him the title of “head coach”.

He may very well be, and Frost is ignoring him. Or they’re too compartmentalized and Chin only talks to Frost about the Defense. 

Unless we’re a fly on the wall in those meetings, we don’t know how this goes. Trev does. So if Trev says we run with Chinander as interim HC, I would trust Trev has seen what goes on and is making the best decision off of that.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

He may very well be, and Frost is ignoring him. Or they’re too compartmentalized and Chin only talks to Frost about the Defense. 

Unless we’re a fly on the wall in those meetings, we don’t know how this goes. Trev does. So if Trev says we run with Chinander as interim HC, I would trust Trev has seen what goes on and is making the best decision off of that.  

What if Trev chooses to stick with Frost for another year?

Frost wants to win, his ego craves it.  Chinander is one of his best friends.  Frost isnt ignoring good advice from Chinander.

disclaimer: Chinander and the D are playing good football!

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

What if Trev chooses to stick with Frost for another year?

Frost wants to win, his ego craves it.  Chinander is one of his best friends.  Frost isnt ignoring good advice from Chinander.

disclaimer: Chinander and the D are playing good football!

I really think Trev was brought it to be the guy that was going to have to fire Frost if things went bad.

The west is horrible and right now NU should be 4-1 and ranked like 24th with a pretty clear path to winning the west.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I really think Trev was brought it to be the guy that was going to have to fire Frost if things went bad.

The west is horrible and right now NU should be 4-1 and ranked like 24th with a pretty clear path to winning the west.

No disagreement there.

But Chinander isn’t going to be the next Husker coach.

Just now, funhusker said:

No disagreement there.

But Chinander isn’t going to be the next Husker coach.

No, no chance.

Trev has a track record of hiring older coaches that had a lot of great runs.

I think he will do the same exact thing in this situation.  

Everything is in place to win and win pretty big at NU.

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Trev has said more than once that being competitive is more important than a certain number of wins.

We've lost one score games two consecutive weeks to ranked teams on the road.

Trev isn't firing Frost.

So if we go 4-8 you believe Frost is safe? The stadium will be empty next season. 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Trev has said more than once that being competitive is more important than a certain number of wins.

We've lost one score games two consecutive weeks to ranked teams on the road.

Trev isn't firing Frost.

Frost is losing games he should be winning.  That is not really the type of competitive that Trev is talking about.

• Plus1 2