Who do we hire?

I can not decide what to do. I see us being so close to breaking threw and then we crap the bed. I don't think the reason we are losing solely rest on Frost shoulders.

If we are to make a head coach change we need to (I know it wont happen) keep Chins he is the best D cord in the country. But if we are to fire Frost we need a proven winner and program builder Urban, Stoops,  Throw 15 Million year at Saban because at some point and we may already be there it is going to cost money not to spend money and I know we threw a bunch at Scott but if he can't get it done then we really have to go after a big big dog in college football.  I for one would be fine with a 15M a year Head coach because it is going that way anyway and Saban only has maybe 5 years left.  Hell Hire Saban and have Frost be his OC/HC in waiting. 

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So if we go 4-8 you believe Frost is safe? The stadium will be empty next season. 

Depends on how we play to get to that record. The big knock on Riley was his players quit demonstrating care or commitment to winning. If the team plays with as much as dominance on defense, offense shows some level of consistency and development by knocking down the turnovers, and special teams even improves to a C-, it would be a tough conversation. Looking like we belong was half the battle, now we need some karma to bounce our way to get over the hump.

Frost leaving would be a detriment to the program at this point. 

• Plus1 3

Why are we talking about firing the coach 5 games into a season it’s ridiculous. Are the losses frustrating yes but let’s be honest the team is playing hard and being competitive the defense is great and super young the Oline is terrible and needs work but if we can that together we’ll be alright . We start 2 freshmen tackles both are getting exposed right now our right guard is terrible and we’ve benched our starting left guard already. The whole problem with this team is Oline and special teams play . Let’s see how the final 7 games play out before we talk firing.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Being competitive with good teams is fine.

Being competitive with lame teams is the problem.

TV revenue sharing has long leveled the "lame team" issue.

Have you seen lame ol' Purdue's facilities?  Haveou noticed Clemson's record this year?  Do you not understand why conference affiliation and tv money matters so much now?

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, TheSker said:

TV revenue sharing has long leveled the "lame team" issue.

Have you seen lame ol' Purdue's facilities?  Haveou noticed Clemson's record this year?  Do you not understand why conference affiliation and tv money matters so much now?

Lol. Yep. Totally leveled. That’s why so many different teams are in the playoffs every year...

Who do we hire? No one. Scott should be retained. Unless we get a slam dunk, grand slam coach, we are just repeating the cycle by hiring another bum.

We put in way too much time with Scott to get OTJ training here to figure it out to just cut him loose after he starts getting traction. 

We just went toe to toe with #3 and #20 on the road and could/should be undefeated. 

This isn't our year obviously, BUT with a legit ST coach and if Scott can humble himself and Install a zone blocking scheme vs whatever the hell he is running now we will win these types of games. Austin probably isn't the problem since he is being asked to coach Scotts O line blocking scheme vs blowing guys off the ball with zone. 

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So if we go 4-8 you believe Frost is safe? The stadium will be empty next season. 

Again.  If we are competitive in every game, Frost is fine.

Most are well aware we're not there with special teams or the OL.

But right now fans are chomping at the bit to watch this defense.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, KC Sker said:

Who do we hire? No one. Scott should be retained. Unless we get a slam dunk, grand slam coach, we are just repeating the cycle by hiring another bum.

We put in way too much time with Scott to get OTJ training here to figure it out to just cut him loose after he starts getting traction. 

We just went toe to toe with #3 and #20 on the road and could/should be undefeated. 

This isn't our year obviously, BUT with a legit ST coach and if Scott can humble himself and Install a zone blocking scheme vs whatever the hell he is running now we will win these types of games. Austin probably isn't the problem since he is being asked to coach Scotts O line blocking scheme vs blowing guys off the ball with zone. 

Thank you, my thoughts exactly. Restarting only sets us back yet again. 

Too many people think the next guy will be the best guy. Too short-sighted, for every Stoops, there are seven Mike Rileys. We’re improving, just need to get it altogether at once finally.

8 minutes ago, TheSker said:

But right now fans are chomping at the bit to watch this defense.

By "fans," you mean one fan - you.

Fans (plural) are not chomping at the bit to watch a Scott Frost-coached team f*** up the game in the worst possible ways only to then count the ways in which some areas are currently better than the Riley years. Husker football is not about improvement; Husker football is about winning games. Any lifelong fan will agree there.

A good coach sees their punt return setup, calls a timeout, and tells the punter to kick the ball to the right side of the field even if he needs to err on the side of shanking it short out of bounds.

I will just copy and paste my post I made in the other thread about this topic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be interesting to see how this plays out. On one hand Nebraska has been a little quick to pull the trigger on some of their coaches over the past twenty years and that is one of the reasons they are in the spot they are now. So it would be good to not do so here after just a few seasons and start over again with yet another coach. At the same time though Frost really is proving to not be a very dependable Power 5 coach. He is getting to the point to where the vast majority of his roster are his recruits yet they are still making many of the same mistakes that they did in year 1. He has a terrible record vs ranked opponents and a bad record in one score games. I say give him one more year and if he they still don't have a decent record in the W-L column then it is probably time to part ways. That would give him a full five seasons of recruiting and that point if the program hasn't shown significant improvement it probably never will under his leadership.

When it all comes down to it though this was probably just a poor decision on Nebraska's end to make this guy their head coach in the first place. He was a head coach for a grand total of two years prior to coming to Nebraska in a non power 5 conference in the state of Florida. It's far easier to find recruits to compete at the level you want to compete at in Florida then it is in Nebraska. Plus he had a really good qb during his time at Central Florida who went to Central Florida not so much because of Scott Frost but because he was the offensive coordinator at the same school Marcus Marioti went to ( a player Milton idolized growing up). 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Undone said:

Fans (plural) are not chomping at the bit to watch a Scott Frost-coached team f*** up the game in the worst possible ways only to then count the ways in which some areas are currently better than the Riley years.

A good coach sees their punt return setup, calls a timeout, and tells the punter to kick the ball to the right side of the field even if he needs to err on the side of shanking it short out of bounds.

You watched the game last night, right? You'll probably watch next week too, correct? By golly, most outsiders would say you’re a fan too my guy. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Fans (plural) are not chomping at the bit to watch a Scott Frost-coached team f*** up the game in the worst possible ways only to then count the ways in which some areas are currently better than the Riley years. Husker football is not about improvement; Husker football is about winning games. Any lifelong fan will agree there.

My buddy likes the defense too.

So that makes it plural.

• Haha 1