Who do we hire?

27 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So if we go 4-8 you believe Frost is safe? The stadium will be empty next season. 

Most definitely.  You can already point to these two "would of, could of, should of" wins.  For me, we still have at least two more wins in us ... and their isn't anything to say that we can't win an Iowa and/or Wisky as well.  In the end, we are financially LOCKED IN with Frost.  If this was next year and at this stage in the season and the same scenario, the whole buyout and "let's be done with this guy and move on" would make more sense.  At this stage, we just lost two games against better ranked opponents.  If it was a lessor opponent then yes, perhaps you decide if it is so deplorable and have to move on.

I've been perhaps more vocal in the off-season about "the stink" and I was called out for being so negative.  But as expected, we get into the season and all the, "we will go 6-6 at a minimum" folks are calling for Scott's nuts.  I don't know which is more epic at this point ... these losses or the fanbase that is just so damn emotional within and after a loss that they really state such stupid stuff [if that offends anyone ... hey, then stop flappin' your mouth at me in the off-season when it is stated what you see will happen].

For me, I'm totally fine if the stadium is empty.  I'll be expecting a "turn the corner" type season.  If it doesn't happen, then we lose the "sold-out streak" and we know Scott had his most experienced team with his guys and even with the easiest season ... didn't get it done.  Sure, it will be a lesson learned ... but at least we proved that we hung in their with a coach and gave him all the benefit of the doubt.  I can live with that.  It beats all the coaching changes every three years [as I see it].

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

Are you putting your money on LSU, Clemson or Oklahoma?

Am I putting my money on LSU, Clemson, & Oklahoma to have a winning season this year? You bet I am.

Am I doing the same with Nebraska? Not at all, because unlike the programs you've listed, ours is a dumpster fire with a head coach that is seemingly incapable of fixing systemic problems with special teams and fundamentals.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Undone said:

Am I putting my money on LSU, Clemson, & Oklahoma to have a winning season this year? You bet I am.

Am I doing the same with Nebraska? Not at all, because unlike the programs you've listed, ours is a dumpster fire with a head coach that is seemingly incapable of fixing systemic problems with special teams and fundamentals.

Having a winning season is not why I listed those programs, but thanks for letting me know.

8 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

You watched the game last night, right? You'll probably watch next week too, correct? By golly, most outsiders would say you’re a fan too my guy. 

I've interacted with TheSker on this board for years. I was dissecting the (broken) logic he's using. Of course I'm a fan and of course I'll watch next week, too.

What he was insinuating is that our newfound defensive success is giving the fan base a reason to be excited. I am saying he is flat out wrong. This isn't 2009; our team isn't going to go 9-3 with a low-scoring offense off the back of a great defense.

Nebraska football is about winning games, not about hollow consolations.

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Having a winning season is not why I listed those programs, but thanks for letting me know.

Go ahead and explain in detail where you were going with it then.

2 minutes ago, Undone said:

I've interacted with TheSker on this board for years. I was dissecting the (broken) logic he's using. Of course I'm a fan and of course I'll watch next week, too.

What he was insinuating is that our newfound defensive success is giving the fan base a reason to be excited. I am saying he is flat out wrong. This isn't 2009; our team isn't going to go 9-3 with a low-scoring offense off the back of a great defense.

If you read the post I responded to you'll find what I was referring to.

5 minutes ago, Undone said:

Oh, and we'll see if I'm wrong (and I might be) but I'm not interested in the jabs.

7 minutes ago, Undone said:

I am also excited by how our defense is performing. Hell even Marques Dismuke got an INT yesterday. Sure it took him 4-5 years worth of starts to create a turnover but watching yesterday… I don’t know how anyone could be passively disinterested in our defense. 

TLDR version: I am a fan too. Therefore his insinuation of plurality is correct. 

The argument of "who are we gonna get if we fire Frost" is lame. Frost would get fired because of his job performance.  The first step in the process is firing a guy, then the next step is to hire a good replacement.   Firing Frost wouldn't set NU back, when NU has done nothing to move forward under Frost. Yes, his teams "look" more talented and the defense has improved, but the lack of discipline and constant mistakes are indicators of a poorly coached team. 

• Plus1 6
13 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Oh, and we'll see if I'm wrong (and I might be) but I'm not interested in the jabs.

Just so we're clear, we are in fact posting in the "Who do we hire?" thread but I'm not in the camp that says Frost needs to go after this year.

And also so that we're clear, there were no 'jabs.' I'm not taking any personal shots at you at all - I'm speaking to your arguments. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The argument of "who are we gonna get if we fire Frost" is lame. Frost would get fired because of his job performance.  The first step in the process is firing a guy, then the next step is to hire a good replacement.   Firing Frost wouldn't set NU back, when NU has done nothing to move forward under Frost. Yes, his teams "look" more talented and the defense has improved, but the lack of discipline and constant mistakes are indicators of a poorly coached team. 

Who could we possibly hire that could lose more games than they win? Worst case is we are what we already are. 

• Plus1 3

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

Who could we possibly hire that could lose more games than they win? Worst case is we are what we already are. 

Exactly. NU is a bad and poorly coached football team. The worst thing that can happen is Frost gets fired and they hire another coach that does just as poor. But that's not a reason to not fire Frost in the first place. 

• Plus1 2