Who do we hire?

Just now, Stumpy1 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Frost stay but only if he makes staff changes, especially on the O side of things.  Chins and the D staff have proved their worth.  

If Frost does not want to do that, then you find his replacement. 

I get this but I don't think that is how you do things.  

Now, if Frost wants to make changes then go for it.  But if you are going to tell the HC who to hire you might as well just get a new HC

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

TV revenue sharing has long leveled the "lame team" issue.

Have you seen lame ol' Purdue's facilities?  Haveou noticed Clemson's record this year?  Do you not understand why conference affiliation and tv money matters so much now?

Uh huh.  :lol:  

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get this but I don't think that is how you do things.  

Now, if Frost wants to make changes then go for it.  But if you are going to tell the HC who to hire you might as well just get a new HC

I'm not saying that Trev needs to tell Frost who to hire for staff changes.  I'm saying Trev "suggest" to Frost he needs to make some staff changes.  Let Frost pick different staff members and go from there. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Stumpy1 said:

I'm not saying that Trev needs to tell Frost who to hire for staff changes.  I'm saying Trev "suggest" to Frost he needs to make some staff changes.  Let Frost pick different staff members and go from there. 

I don't like AD's recommending that assistant coaches get hired, but Trev will ask Frost "what are you going to do to fix this?"  But, IMO all this is at the feet of Frost. The continued mistakes and lack of execution point to a team that doesn't have any accountability. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't like AD's recommending that assistant coaches get hired, but Trev will ask Frost "what are you going to do to fix this?"  But, IMO all this is at the feet of Frost. The continued mistakes and lack of execution point to a team that doesn't have any accountability. 

A good HC will tell his AD he needs a ST coach, new oline coach etc to improve the product on the field. If the AD has to do it you don't have the right HC. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Who could we possibly hire that could lose more games than they win? Worst case is we are what we already are. 

I see Sam Pittman at Arkansas, an OL coach who turned it around quickly.  Coach Stoops did at Oklahoma.  Dan Mullen won 9 games at MSU in Year 2.  Nebraska needs someone fundamentally sound who recognizes the value of OL and TE which is a strength of local talent.  If it was going to happen with Coach Frost, it would have already started happening, year 3 at the absolute latest.  If Frost finishes 4-8 again you have to let him go.  His ties to Nebraska playing days should not be a factor in moving on.

I don't feel like the AD will fire Frost for poor performance and thus pay out his contract. I can see him getting two more years. Next season's schedule is immeasurably easier (on paper and as of right now). So I think he's "safe" for now.

If the NCAA investigations confirm that he violated his contract, which would be terms for firing for cause/breaching his contract, then we have a whole different ball game.

what a s#!tty game. So many things that have become enigmatic of this team under Frost.

1 minute ago, 308_Husker said:

I don't feel like the AD will fire Frost for poor performance and thus pay out his contract. I can see him getting two more years. Next season's schedule is immeasurably easier (on paper and as of right now). So I think he's "safe" for now.

If the NCAA investigations confirm that he violated his contract, which would be terms for firing for cause/breaching his contract, then we have a whole different ball game.

what a s#!tty game. So many things that have become enigmatic of this team under Frost.

I think you risk further fan apathy if you keep him on after another 4-8 season.  One advantage Nebraska hasn't eroded away.......yet

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1