Who do we hire?

I was at Frost's first Spring Game, which made national news for basically FILLING THE STADIUM for a White vs Red scrimmage. The hopes were SKY HIGH across the State that Frost would be the savior of the program. After seeing UCF beat Auburn in the bowl game, I thought he would be also. 

Remember those days of having No Worries about how potent Nebraska's offense would be under Frost's direction but everyone having real concerns about Chin's Defense? Now it's Chin's defense that has shown improvement each year (and if Saturday's interception would have not been nullified by a penalty, would have likely been the Big Story of the Day) and Frost that is on the defensive.

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Folks would be interested for a new coach just for the change and the unknown.  Keeping Frost for a 5th year if we have a losing season would be a terrible idea for attendance, morale, fund raising etc.

I fully agree with you. Many fans are currently hopeless with Frost at the helm. Bringing in a new coach at least brings new hope which should help ticket sales next year. With that said, I am not sure the streak will survive this season.

8 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I fully agree with you. Many fans are currently hopeless with Frost at the helm. Bringing in a new coach at least brings new hope which should help ticket sales next year. With that said, I am not sure the streak will survive this season.

It appears it may not survive the week, but we will see.

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Folks would be interested for a new coach just for the change and the unknown.  Keeping Frost for a 5th year if we have a losing season would be a terrible idea for attendance, morale, fund raising etc.

Change is great.....if there's enough change laying around for Frost's buyout plus the new head coach's salary.

I mean, we'd probably get a lot of candidates hoping to get fired and bankroll their buyout.

12 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Change is great.....if there's enough change laying around for Frost's buyout plus the new head coach's salary.

I mean, we'd probably get a lot of candidates hoping to get fired and bankroll their buyout.

Have to factor in lost revenue if we continue on with Frost in the event we tank this year. 

Honest question, how would you feel about 2022 in that scenario? 5-7 or worse in 2021 and 4 straight losing seasons and we keep Frost, are you excited and hopeful?

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Have to factor in lost revenue if we continue on with Frost in the event we tank this year. 

Honest question, how would you feel about 2022 in that scenario? 5-7 or worse in 2021 and 4 straight losing seasons and we keep Frost, are you excited and hopeful?

I vote we play all the games in 2021 then Trev can answer that question.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

I just got an email from the LJS quoting Frost begging people to come to the game.  I can buy tickets direct from the UNL-AD right now.

Yeah I saw some of those quotes today, too. To be honest, they kind of pissed me off and felt like a bit of a slap in the face.

The fans have done far more for the financial stability and well being of this program than virtually any other fan base in the country would. Now that people have finally had enough and said "it's time for you to hold up your end of the bargain," they turn to pleading and begging. It's like when you know a relationship is ending but one person is trying to hold on tighter and tighter. Instead of this fixing the problem, it just makes the other person pull away more.

And that's how I felt after reading those quotes. It just made me want to pull away more. Guilt is a tremendously effective way to alienate someone.

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, runningblind said:

In addition to revenue, I’m concerned about where our recruiting class would finish in that scenario. 

53 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Yeah I saw some of those quotes today, too. To be honest, they kind of pissed me off and felt like a bit of a slap in the face.

The fans have done far more for the financial stability and well being of this program than virtually any other fan base in the country would. Now that people have finally had enough and said "it's time for you to hold up your end of the bargain," they turn to pleading and begging. It's like when you know a relationship is ending but one person is trying to hold on tighter and tighter. Instead of this fixing the problem, it just makes the other person pull away more.

And that's how I felt after reading those quotes. It just made me want to pull away more. Guilt is a tremendously effective way to alienate someone.

Yes this is how I feel.   Living in Oklahoma I can’t vote by not going to the game but I can by not going to the Ok Husker Club and low turnout eventually makes news in the Athletic Department   I love my Huskers and I first watched them as an 8th grader in 1970 and this is the most hopeless I have felt about the team. Even during the Riley years I thought we could still get a great coach. And we did or so I thought. Now the balloon is popped. There isn’t enough coach speak possible to save this year

10 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Frost is in a position of tremendous financial leverage this season and even next 

He has his current contract payout which may be subject to a penalty if the NCAA investigation leads to just cause for his release. Now I believe its a silly investigation but the administration could play that card.

Moreover Frosts brand is damaged as is his future earning potential. He will not have the same "leverage" in his career now as he did coming off the 13-0 UCF season.

If I recall you were against the firing of Mike Riley too. How many more years did you want to give Riley?

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

He has his current contract payout which may be subject to a penalty if the NCAA investigation leads to just cause for his release. Now I believe its a silly investigation but the administration could play that card.

Moreover Frosts brand is damaged as is his future earning potential. He will not have the same "leverage" in his career now as he did coming off the 13-0 UCF season.

If I recall you were against the firing of Mike Riley too. How many more years did you want to give Riley?

Lol.....yes, I was "very disappointed" to see Riley fired.

Good gawd 

4 hours ago, talaricohusker said:

From reading what Sean Callahan has said about the NCAA is just a slap on the wrist and the boosters and all won’t do anything with Frost and his buy out. Also Trev made a great reference to Clemson about how they’ve stuck with Daboo through the hard times and that he’s pretty much kept his entire staff together through the years and look where they are now

Daboo had a P5 highly successful experienced DC come to give him a hand and is in fertile recruiting area

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, talaricohusker said:

From reading what Sean Callahan has said about the NCAA is just a slap on the wrist and the boosters and all won’t do anything with Frost and his buy out. Also Trev made a great reference to Clemson about how they’ve stuck with Daboo through the hard times and that he’s pretty much kept his entire staff together through the years and look where they are now

Dabo was 29-19 in his first four seasons and has made a bowl every season (13 consecutive seasons).  His 4th season he finished 10-4 and went to the Orange Bowl.  I think it's safe to stay that if Frost had this same resume over his first four seasons you would not see the fan base seeking a change.  I am struggling to understand the hard times for Dabo. 

• Thanks 4