Jump to content


Who do we hire?


Recommended Posts

"Who do we hire?"  No one.  We will stand pat for at least two [2] more years.  It will be next year where the fan base will give up on trying to keep the sellout streak going and that will be the best way to communicate that winning 4-5 games the way we have won't cut it.  

Link to comment

On 9/2/2021 at 11:34 AM, BigRedN said:

"Who do we hire?"  No one.  We will stand pat for at least two [2] more years.  It will be next year where the fan base will give up on trying to keep the sellout streak going and that will be the best way to communicate that winning 4-5 games the way we have won't cut it.  

 

The NCAA investigation is a way out of Frost's contract (technically and legally.) I think if he continues to trend downward and we have another losing season, we absolutely cannot afford to keep him for another year. There is cause to terminate his contract. Either way we slice it -- it could become an ugly divorce. Sadly, I think he's gonna be forced to make wholesale staff changes at the end of the year or else.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

13 hours ago, Spaniel said:

https://www.si.com/college/utah/football/utah-kyle-whittingham-ranked-among-best-coaches-country

 

This guy would kill it at NU and would probably be happy to take the job.  IMHO

"After his opening three years in the Pac-12 in which the program went 18-19 overall and 9-18 in conference play, the Utes have been one of the best teams in the Pac-12. They've won nine games and finished better than .500 in conference play in six of the past seven seasons."

 

So, he walked in to a good situation by taking over a team established by Urban Myer, jumped from a Jr conference to a power 5 and sucked or was painfully mediocre for a few years, the program stuck with him, he figured it out and now he's one of the best coaches in the country?  Pretty much sounds like the exact situation we find ourselves in now, less knowing what the future will hold and having bare cupboards at the outset, not to mention a COVID year. 

 

IDK, when you actually look at it, it's not really that impressive. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, KC Sker said:

"After his opening three years in the Pac-12 in which the program went 18-19 overall and 9-18 in conference play, the Utes have been one of the best teams in the Pac-12. They've won nine games and finished better than .500 in conference play in six of the past seven seasons."

 

So, he walked in to a good situation by taking over a team established by Urban Myer, jumped from a Jr conference to a power 5 and sucked or was painfully mediocre for a few years, the program stuck with him, he figured it out and now he's one of the best coaches in the country?  Pretty much sounds like the exact situation we find ourselves in now, less knowing what the future will hold and having bare cupboards at the outset, not to mention a COVID year. 

 

IDK, when you actually look at it, it's not really that impressive. 

18-19 is better than 12-21. By your logic we should have kept Riley he was 19-19. 
 

we have no idea what his 18-19 looked like. It might have looked like a well disciplined team who lost to better teams. Easy to stick with things looking to trend in the right direction. We are not 

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment

Before we get carried away by speculation and calls for members of the coaching staff being fired or otherwise driven off, we need to stop and assess what we're doing here. There is a fundamental problem with the question being asked!!

 

It should be "whom."

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment

9 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

18-19 is better than 12-21. By your logic we should have kept Riley he was 19-19. 
 

we have no idea what his 18-19 looked like. It might have looked like a well disciplined team who lost to better teams. Easy to stick with things looking to trend in the right direction. We are not 

I think your missing the point of the post, but yes, you are correct; 18-19 and 19-19 are better than 12-21. I can see I won't be beating you in a Battle of wits any time soon LoL 

Link to comment

I really like Troy Calhoun. That flexbone option they run is a thing of beauty, and they were the leading rushing team in the country last year.

 

Ex-Boise St./Washington coach Chris Petersen would be my #1 pick though. Chadwell is intriguing but I'm not sure he'd come here. Then again, I guess we could say that about any of these guys.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I really like Troy Calhoun. That flexbone option they run is a thing of beauty, and they were the leading rushing team in the country last year.

 

Ex-Boise St./Washington coach Chris Petersen would be my #1 pick though. Chadwell is intriguing but I'm not sure he'd come here. Then again, I guess we could say that about any of these guys.

Chris Petersen is 56 years old and maintained a leadership role with Washington. Sounds like a fully retired man to me.

Link to comment
54 minutes ago, YetiJR said:

Chris Petersen is 56 years old and maintained a leadership role with Washington. Sounds like a fully retired man to me.


He resigned due to being stressed out at Washington. The grueling hours of a HC. Not sure why people think he’d be quick to come to this fish bowl.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...