Jump to content


Who do we hire?


Recommended Posts


11 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

 I still want him gone. Hate the lack of pressure on QBs week in and week out. 

I believe this is the first time Lincoln Riley's Oklahoma team has been held below 27 points in a game. EVER! Look at all the elite DC's they have went against in the past, and we did this on the road in Norman nonetheless. I get wanting to blame someone, but Chins ain't it dude. 

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment

Is Frost even the coach? With all these analysts, what does Scotty do? 
 

A picture of Frost and Ron Brown during the Buffalo game last week really struck me funny. There were side by side on the sideline during the game. Ron looked like he was explaining something and I thought analyst my a$$. He’s telling him what to do

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I believe this is the first time Lincoln Riley's Oklahoma team has been held below 27 points in a game. EVER! Look at all the elite DC's they have went against in the past, and we did this on the road in Norman nonetheless. I get wanting to blame someone, but Chins ain't it dude. 

Week in week out, he doesn’t get it done. Dude.

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
30 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

Week in week out, he doesn’t get it done. Dude.

Obviously you have no clue Nebraska defense from the last half of last year and first 4 game this year has been really good.  Today the defense gave up 21 to one of the top teams in country . When you say the defense doesn’t get it done you should say the offense cause the defense has played good enough for us to be 4-0 . 

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment

41 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

Week in week out, he doesn’t get it done. Dude.

It sounds like you want pressure and disruption.

 

He's working with what he has. And is doing well! I don't care how he gets the most out of his unit. I'd say his adjustment to the Big 10 has been good. He might not be getting it done as we might like/prefer. Sure we need to plug in pressure. Now go out and recruit develop those pieces. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

I can't take credit for this, but I thought one of the guys on 1620 had a decent take about a special teams coach. Only the full time assistants can go out and recruit, so you demote Verduzco to an analyst role (which is what he's good at, and he'd still be allowed to coach) and then you hire a full time ST coach who's also a good recruiter.

 

Assuming Frost is still here next year, another priority has to be o-line coach. I think Austin is gone after this year. That group isn't getting it done and truly hasn't the last four years.

  • Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I can't take credit for this, but I thought one of the guys on 1620 had a decent take about a special teams coach. Only the full time assistants can go out and recruit, so you demote Verduzco to an analyst role (which is what he's good at, and he'd still be allowed to coach) and then you hire a full time ST coach who's also a good recruiter.

 

Assuming Frost is still here next year, another priority has to be o-line coach. I think Austin is gone after this year. That group isn't getting it done and truly hasn't the last four years.

Analysts don't get to coach. Do you not recall our current NCAA investigation?

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...