Who do we hire?

1 hour ago, Detasselingthehuskers said:

I’m done seeing this sloppy and poor effort type of football. Who do we hire to replace Frost at the end of this year? Obviously we won’t be a big job anymore after firing our “golden boy”, but we can toss money at some coordinator somewhere.

The question is who though?

go hire indiana's coach. back up the brink's truck.

Billy Napier

Jamey Chadwell

Scott Saterfield

Bob Stoops

Brett Venables

When I step back and look at Frosts career, he has never had to do a rebuild.  He had successful programs....Even at UCF, the kids he inherited (save the 0-12 season) were 9,10 and 12 game winners including 2 bowl games.  Completely in over his head.  Young head coach, new staff with no rela experience, from the Chip Kelly tree (and look at Chips UCLA record). He can't change or adapt.  It is the law of the jungle.  Adapt or die.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Billy Napier

Jamey Chadwell

Scott Saterfield

Bob Stoops

Brett Venables

When I step back and look at Frosts career, he has never had to do a rebuild.  He had successful programs....Even at UCF, the kids he inherited (save the 0-12 season) were 9,10 and 12 game winners including 2 bowl games.  Completely in over his head.  Young head coach, new staff with no rela experience, from the Chip Kelly tree (and look at Chips UCLA record). He can't change or adapt.  It is the law of the jungle.  Adapt or die.

Chips up 31-3 in his season opener right now... 

Hey we were all for Frost so we gave it a chance.  But we built this thing all wrong.  You can play CA fast at Oregon and FL fast at UCF but it’s not working here. Our key piece we got for this scheme Wandale Rovinson is no longer here.  We need ground and pound and blackshirt defense. The defense has improved but they’re on the field so much they can’t hold up like this.  And the backs we have recruited do not seem like workhorses but small shifty guys without top gear speed.  Where is the bruiser back?  We’ll see what the rest of the season brings but not impressed with the continuing shaky offense. Jurgens? Why is this guy still playing?  He hasn’t learned to snap in years!  AM is too inaccurate. Special teams and is a slop fest.  If we change coaches we need attention to detail.  Build the lines.Run the ball. And play nasty defense that want to be best in the BIG. Matt Campbell is an obvious choice as ISU and Big 12 seem to be in bad position.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dspanther05 said:

What % of coaches has turned around a program after being this bad for their first 5 years? Honest question.

No proof, but with the support, facilities and recruiting classes most would be bowling every year.  As much as we bag Riley, Frost's best year was with his kids.....So how bad was the culture.  Our great culture is now sitting at 12-21....At least this is the first time we lost ti Illionis in back to back seasons since the 1920's....

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Chips up 31-3 in his season opener right now... 

10-21 overall.  Really close to his protege's 12-21 record.  I'll pass on him as well.  I want a coach dedicated to physical football and a down hill running game.  Counters, traps, option (traditional and RPO), heavy sets, 12/13 personnel using the TE as an HB.  But I am a run the damn ball guy.  

• Plus1 1