What did we learn? Illinois Edition

Oh, also, the fans worked themselves up to be disappointed. We couldn't help ourselves from being optimistic and feeling a good energy, mostly because the last two years (even outside Nebraska football) have been such hell, we all wanted something to get excited about.

We'll probably still win 5-6 games, maybe even one or two we shouldn't, but I've lost any benefit of the doubt to have confidence in any progress until after I see it.

1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

I learned how to do math!!!!

30-22 final score

2 missed XPs+inexcusable safety by a team captain + inexcusable fumble to a TD by a 3x captain+ a quarterback who was asleep for the first half= a losing f#&%ing progrum 

wish I understood math this well back in high school 

English was never my strong suit either, forgot to mention that was an 11 point swing by captains or experienced players in a. 8 point game..

announcers were harping on the pick/q1 roughing call, I’m honestly fine with that. Wouldn’t have matter if we a pulse 

Strength and Conditioning is s***.
Our offensive line is s***. 
Our special teams are s***. 
Our coaching and game management is s***.
Our penalties and stupid mental mistakes are still s***.

Our year over year improvement is s***. 
This football program is s***. 

Rip the bandaid off and make a quality f*****g hire, Trev you t**t.

/RoyKent

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Adrian Martinez is the most overhyped QB ever to take a snap for the Huskers.  I hate to talk bad about him because he seems like a genuinely good dude, but he just can't get it done.  This isn't something I've learned, so much as it's something I've confirmed.

When even the die-hard Frost supporters are wondering how much longer the SF experiment can continue, Frost better stop thinking about the B1G adjusting to adapt to his gameplan and start thinking about adjusting his resume to adapt to whichever FCS or Division 2 program decides to roll the dice and extend an offer to him.  Regardless of how much time people think he needs, the direction the program is going in right now is unsustainable.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

O-line is essentially a bunch of 6'6" 325 lb. marshmallows... no sign of the S&C we've heard so much about.

The offseason hype of Martinez was nothing but more BS

Verduzco MUST go

I was ok with our o line. I don’t think we call enough power run plays.. 

100% agree on verduzco, guy has always been and will continue to be an absolute clown. No f#&%ing clue why we burn a coaching spot thag could be used for special teams on this a$$ hat when frosty has coached a heisman winning qb before…

We learned that Nebraska is still one of the most poorly coached teams in major college football.  They absolutely GAVE THIS ONE AWAY with mind-numbing mistakes that simply should not happen.

I posted this in the game thread, but Frost needs to speak to these mistakes.  Or maybe Trev Alberts will.

• Incredibly poor decision on fielding a punt (by a Senior) that results in a safety.  2 points
  • Missed PAT #1.  1 point.
  • INT that would give NU the ball in IU territory up by 7; negated by not 1, but 2 personal foul penalties.  Instead of NU ball at the IU 45, up 7.  IU gets 30 free yards and a first down inside the NU 25.  7 - 14 points.
  • Fumble returned for TD at the end of the half (SMFH).  7 points.
  • Missed PAT #2.  1 point

Add it up, and that is 18-25 points.  NU lost by 8.

Illinois had two strong drives to open the 2nd half.  That was it.  We can talk about how Frost got schooled in half-time adjustments, yet again, some other time.  

A disciplined Nebraska team should have led anywhere from 10 to 24 points at half.  Instead, they trailed by 7.

4 straight years of Nebraska donating football games to the opponent.

Side note - considering they lose so many one possession games, you would think they would be a little more crisp with that hurry up offense at the end of the game.  

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

I learned if you hold the ball in the pocket too long bad things happen. We are stiff, robotic, don’t run plays sequentially or complimentary, and finally; I learned that although I will watch all the games, I will not expect to win any of them. I just don’t have an expectation of victory. 

• Plus1 1