What did we learn? Illinois Edition

16 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Illinois is not looking so good against UTSA. I really wish the Nebraska team that showed up against Fordham had done so a week earlier.

Ehhhh.  UTSA is decent and Illinois is playing pretty bad.  

The gap between traditionally lower programs and traditionally good programs has really shrunk.  Montana is bearing ranked Washington in the 4th right now.  Oklahoma did their best to lose to Tulane, etc...  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

The gap between traditionally lower programs and traditionally good programs has really shrunk.  Montana is bearing ranked Washington in the 4th right now.  Oklahoma did their best to lose to Tulane, etc...  

it’s UTSA AND it’s in Champagne 

Embarrassing. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

30 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I didn't realize UTSA has only been playing football for 11 years. What I saw of the game, UTSA just ran the ball straight at Illinois and wore them down.

• Plus1 1

If we played UTSA today, we would have lost too. We lost to a not so good Illinois team. That alone tells you how far we have come along. In contrast, Chip Kelly started with UCLA at the same time Frost started with Nebraska. UCLA is competing with the 16th ranked LSU and winning, and we lost to Illinois who lost to UTSA at home. Not enough beer in the fridge to help me forget this scenario. I am just hoping that we do not get embarrassed again on national TV in Oklahoma. That will sink the dagger in the heart of our recruiting. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, huskerfan74 said:

If we played UTSA today, we would have lost too. We lost to a not so good Illinois team. That alone tells you how far we have come along. In contrast, Chip Kelly started with UCLA at the same time Frost started with Nebraska. UCLA is competing with the 16th ranked LSU and winning, and we lost to Illinois who lost to UTSA at home. Not enough beer in the fridge to help me forget this scenario. I am just hoping that we do not get embarrassed again on national TV in Oklahoma. That will sink the dagger in the heart of our recruiting. 

Well on the bright side Oklahoma did not look too great today either. I am just as worried about OSU and Iowa.

Lots of close games/upsets today. 

Obv Illinoise was supper hyped and at home for us in BB first game then laid an egg today. We crushed our weaker opponent OTOH. 

LSU, CLEM, OU (win but not great late), UCLA, etc etc. 

we still have 9 games so let’s just watch them and see 

• Plus1 1

Someone needed to tip Bielma off. Nebraska holds the world record for making second team QBs look like Heisman winners. You cant extrapolate performances against Nebraska to the rest of your season. Illinois QB was 80% completions against NU and 50% yesterday. 

Illinois is NOT a world beater. San Antonio College ran up and down the field on them about 500 yards of offense. SHREDDED Illinois on the ground and got people open on the pass. Illinois looked pretty pedestrian. 

• Plus1 1