Who needs to go?

ZRod

I'm usually not one to jump to conclusions, but today's game combined with last season is absolutely embarrassing. We can't wait for this team to "figure it out" . It's been 3 years of the same s#!t with no end in sight. The players change but the coaches stay the same. The only way I see Frost keeping his job into next year at this point is an offensive overhaul. So who's gone before the end of the year?

Here's my list and reasons:

• QB play is stagnant. Much as I like Mario it's not working
  • O Line is never up to snuff and undisciplined
  • RBs haven't had a bell cow since Devine and seem lost
  • We need a true OC. There was no rythm in offense play calling today. If Scott is calling plays he needs to hang it up. If Lubbock is, well, he's not it either
  • Plus1 4

Need to start seriously thinking about running the option again take it or leave it. Keep in mind right now we are the worst team in cfb if you factor in our history, our facilities, our fambase, the fact we have been consistently getting top 25 recruiting classes vs the product we are putting on the field. 

Say whatever you want we aren't this bad if we were running the option at this point you have nothing to lose

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ndobney said:

Need to start seriously thinking about running the option again take it or leave it. Keep in mind right now we are the worst team in cfb if you factor in our history, our facilities, our fambase, the fact we have been consistently getting top 25 recruiting classes vs the product we are putting on the field. 

Say whatever you want we aren't this bad if we were running the option at this point you have nothing to lose

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952acb750152ba8b32d9

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Could have put this in multiple places.

Casual Fan looks at this game and thinks to himself, "Adrian Martinez lost this game for us." But that was one of the worst games we've ever played in terms of special teams and inopportune penalties. In order, the problem list today went:

1. Terrible special teams.

2. Terrible inopportune penalties.

3. Martinez's fumble (which I'm probably hanging more on the offensive line but that's another story).

4. Martinez not hitting the TD pass in the first half.

That f****** embarrassment with the safety, throwing the ball forward out of panic...that has to be the avatar of this era if there ever was one. Then missing two PATs? LMFAO.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

Yeah, it was always a questionable decision to bring over the entire staff. I can appreciate wanting to be loyal to his guys, but there was just zero chance they would all cut it at this level. But Frost had all the power in negotiations and Moos bent over backwards to get the deal done because he had no choice. Was willing to let it play out because Frost had earned the benefit of the doubt at that point, but it’s pretty clear a few guys are just not at this level. Might honestly be too late now though but:

I’ve defended Held a bunch but I just don’t see it from the RBs. The OLine needs to be better but all the RBs look like Just Another Guys to me. Don’t know if it’s development or scouting or both but very meh on this position group.

Mario obviously has been a huge disappointment but QB is also Frost’s specialty so majorly concerned here. Sounds like we don’t even have a real backup, in a 12 game season, with lots of physical opponents, and a QB who has struggled with injuries. Biggest yikes of the whole team.

Just like with Walters before him, I’m not sure what Lubick does? It looks like the same playcalling. Walters was known as being a yes man, is that why we brought Lubick in?