Who needs to go?

ZRod

If I am being honest and Frost is not on the list here is mine. In no order they all need to go

Held

Verduzco

Austin

Beckton

Duval

Lubbik

How about having Ron Brown receivers or RB

Tom Herman as O/C QB coach

Solich as RB coach (he was good and cures the curse)

David Ballou as S&C from Bama-Was at Indiana and was considered the architect for their success (Saban came callin after 2 years.  He's that good)

Bottom line, Frost was/is in over his head and has no exprienced coaches to help.  He looks lost and resigned to his fate on the sidelines.

his is not the Solich situation. No one would be shocked if he was fired.  They are more shocked he is here in year 4.  To ge trounced by Illinois twice in a row.  Look lost, mistake and penlaty prone and having no depth in year 4 is unacceptable.  No improvement in any facet of the team save the D.

12 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

No expectations with 0-12. It’s all up

lots of expectations at 12-0 or whatever he was.  He left. I think they would have paid him too 

The 0-12 gets all the attention. Look at the 3 years previous, 9, 10, 12 win seasons.....He didn't rebuild some program from the ashes.  He didn't resurrect Oregon either....We bought the hype of the undefeated season and prodigal son returning......

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ndobney said:

Nope. Unless you were drunk on Kool aid, you weren't expecting a winning season this season. Not changing at this point

If you give me a blank resume of a team with 4 straight top 20 recruiting classes, a fourth year starting quarterback, a stacked and experienced defense led by 5th and 6th year seniors, 6-7 wins is an absolutely reasonable sober expectation.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Pursuant to the thread topic, if somebody has to go at this point, that somebody is Scott Frost. His overall performance grade as a Nebraska head coach is a C- to D. We can talk all day long about certain position coaches and coordinators needing to go, but then you have to truly ask yourself what Frost has done to prove he should keep his role where the other coaches have not.

At this point, Frost hasn't proven that.

As much as I didn't want Chinander here when frost was hired he has been the one coordinator that has shown progress 

• Plus1 3

45 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Pursuant to the thread topic, if somebody has to go at this point, that somebody is Scott Frost. His overall performance grade as a Nebraska head coach is a C- to D. We can talk all day long about certain position coaches and coordinators needing to go, but then you have to truly ask yourself what Frost has done to prove he should keep his role where the other coaches have not.

At this point, Frost hasn't proven that.

Absolutely nothing.  He brought the clown staff with him.  Hasn't adjusted or improved.  We are a bottom feeder of the B1G. Unsure if there is a worse team.  Before anyone mentions Rutgers, with Shiano there, I'd take them over us.....

58 minutes ago, Undone said:

I just disagree with the assessment, sir.

Iowa is mistake-free and has awesome special teams. In my opinion they actually have less of an identity on offense the past two years than at any other point in Kirk's career.

Iowa doesn't beat themselves. Nebraska does. Our identity is beating ourselves.

A snake bit, mistake prone team that caves under pressure.

3 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

As much as I didn't want Chinander here when frost was hired he has been the one coordinator that has shown progress 

I think the D staff has earned another year. 100 degree heat and on the field for 8 minutes will hurt any D. Just need another layer of depth. Was JoJo sick today?  Dude was almost non-existent...

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Absolutely nothing.  He brought the clown staff with him.  Hasn't adjusted or improved.  We are a bottom feeder of the B1G. Unsure if there is a worse team.  Before anyone mentions Rutgers, with Shiano there, I'd take them over us.....

today was a carbon copy of last season, no difference.  doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result.

and Verduzco needs to throw away the rose colored glasses! he is a big part of our problem at QB

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

Trev will need to make a decision by year's end.

I think he is making some now.  Not saying firings, but I am sure there will be some difficult conversations this week.  It was not the loss, but the manner we lost (too a brand new staff)

Missed 2 PA's (from our B1G kicker)

The safety (even a kid in PeeWee wouldn't do that)

The PI (bogus or not) this team can not and hasn't over come mistakes

The fumble

The high snap

The penalties

If I am the AD, I look at this film and the previous 3 years I see nothing that says we are closer to being competitive. Not back to wining, but simply not being a gimme game. I see why Frost wanted out of OU. We just got manhandled by Illinois......

• Plus1 2

Welp. Special teams and AM are good for a easily a 17 point swing, if not more. 2 scores due to errant throws to wide open WRs. He doesn’t drive through his passes, throws off his back foot, release point is off resulting in overthrows. That’s on lack of development and discipline. Another turnover scoop and score. Crappy punting. Stupid punt return decisions. 

Frost is egotistically stubborn for riding and dying with AM that it’s most likely going to cost him his job. 

Beilema pounds the rock all game to breakdown the defense when they needed. Nebraska abandons the run so AM could throw 50%, and that was not due to OL or WRs, he is just not a gamer. That’s on Frost for not recruiting and developing anything better. Kinda feel bad for AM  but whatever. 

Will continue my masochist ways each gameday, but at this point I couldn’t careless if Frost is coach next year or not. 

• Thanks 2
Just now, Savage Husker said:

Welp. Special teams and AM are good for a easily a 17 point swing, if not more. 2 scores due to errant throws to wide open WRs. He doesn’t drive through his passes, throws off his back foot, release point is off resulting in overthrows. That’s on lack of development and discipline. Another turnover scoop and score. Crappy punting. Stupid punt return decisions. 

Frost is egotistically stubborn for riding and dying with AM that it’s most likely going to cost him his job. 

Beilema pounds the rock all game to breakdown the defense when they needed. Nebraska abandons the run so AM could throw 50%, and that was not due to OL or WRs, he is just not a gamer. That’s on Frost for not recruiting and developing anything better. Kinda feel bad for AM  but whatever. 

Will continue my masochist ways each gameday, but at this point I couldn’t careless if Frost is coach next year or not. 

He threw off his back foot more today than I can remember in a game honestly. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2