Who needs to go?

ZRod

For the record, I do wish Frost can get this thing going and not fire him because I think that would be best in the long term, but it’s hard to defend. I do think that if he can get things going then he’s going to friggin roll - so that’s my conundrum. My problem is not if, but “when” and it’s become really hard to be optimistic anymore when the same mistakes are occurring time and time again - they just find ways to lose

• Plus1 8

18 hours ago, knapplc said:

Scott Frost.

Unless we have a surprising turnaround to this season that, IMO, is what's happening.  Frost had the opportunity to make changes like Dabo did after struggling in his first three seasons and stubbornly stood pat. Now it's too late for that, have a fourth losing season and the CFB world writes-off Frost as a bust. Good assistants won't jump on a sinking ship. Recruiting will dry-up. Ticket-sales and donations will dry-up, monetarily you take as big or bigger hit than paying the buy-out.  Keep losing and the plug needs to be pulled. Trev should be researching and getting a list together of potential replacements,  then if we are doing poorly you make back-channel contacts with the list to figure-out who we can get so we aren't trying to figure crap out come season's end. 

• Plus1 2

22 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Unless we have a surprising turnaround to this season that, IMO, is what's happening.  Frost had the opportunity to make changes like Dabo did after struggling in his first three seasons and stubbornly stood pat. Now it's too late for that, have a fourth losing season and the CFB world writes-off Frost as a bust. Good assistants won't jump on a sinking ship. Recruiting will dry-up. Ticket-sales and donations will dry-up, monetarily you take as big or bigger hit than paying the buy-out.  Keep losing and the plug needs to be pulled. Trev should be researching and getting a list together of potential replacements,  then if we are doing poorly you make back-channel contacts with the list to figure-out who we can get so we trying to figure crap out come season's end. 

It’s still early and it’s a long season but I’ll admit this doesn’t feel good. The middle of this game felt a bit like a turning point for Husker Nation. They couldn’t afford this performance and will have to turn things around quickly. I expect some empty seats next week but nothing drastic. If we get blown out by Oklahoma you’ll start seeing fans cast their votes at Memorial by leaving more seats empty and bailing for the exits at the first sign of defeat.

4 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Greg Austin has had plenty of time to get the O-Line shored up...  He has to go...  Until we have an o-line that can function we will have nothing...

O line is too young to judge Austin. I think they will be good in time, its just that everyone is so young and Illinois D line is full of seniors. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1