Who needs to go?

ZRod

3 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

O line is too young to judge Austin. I think they will be good in time, its just that everyone is so young and Illinois D line is full of seniors. 

if after 4 years they are still "young"...  whos fault would that be..??  why do we have more senior players deserting to the transfer portal..  Even if Farniok and wilson were not the most talented, would you at least want their experience on the field.. ?

• Plus1 3

10 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

if after 4 years they are still "young"...  whos fault would that be..??  why do we have more senior players deserting to the transfer portal..  Even if Farniok and wilson were not the most talented, would you at least want their experience on the field.. ?

I mean Corcoran, Benhart, Banks look good. Yeah I was never impressed with Farniok or Wilson,  Jergens looks better aside from one snap. I dont know man the more you look at the team the worse it seems to be. 

21 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

O line is too young to judge Austin. I think they will be good in time, its just that everyone is so young and Illinois D line is full of seniors. 

He has had 4 years to coach up our OL. This is what he and his staff have put together in year 4. It is all on them. I am done with youth excuses etc at this point. You dont get those in year 4 in my opinion because at this point the roster is all on Frost and co. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Martinez needs to be benched or they need to switch and run the option.  Martinez missed to many easy passes.  He waits to long to get rid of the ball. It's like they are playing sandlot football.  "everybody go out".    The bad play calling is on the coaches. And maybe the girls soccer team has someone who can kick extra points. (I'm not even kidding when I say that)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Illini back up QB couldn't make it at Rutgers, then came out and completed something like 11 of 12 passes right away and did just fine for the rest the game.  Against us.  Our Blackshirts. 

The other things that we did to lose the game are well cataloged here and in today's Husker Etxra, with all sports writers seeming to be in a brawl with one another as to who gets to write about which mistake or cluster of mistakes.  Sipple even hinted that the Fordham and Buffalo games are not necessarily sure wins for us.  At home.

13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The head coach always has more job security than his assistants. It’s the nature of being head coach.  Assistants almost always go first. 

I agree. The reason I ask the question, however, is to critically think about what kinds of things warrant job security... and where that breaking point is between changing assistants vs. changing head coaches.

For example, if people think several coordinators and assistants should be replaced (which some do), then I'm curious what they believe Frost has done to warrant job security that these alleged replaceable coaches have not done. What are the KPI's for measuring his performance and has he hit the goals associated with those KPI's? If he has hit enough of those goals, but there are a few weak links, then replacing assistants makes sense. If he hasn't hit those goals, and there are several weak links, then perhaps the answer isn't to replace assistants.

10 hours ago, Farms said:

It’s still early and it’s a long season but I’ll admit this doesn’t feel good. The middle of this game felt a bit like a turning point for Husker Nation. They couldn’t afford this performance and will have to turn things around quickly. I expect some empty seats next week but nothing drastic. If we get blown out by Oklahoma you’ll start seeing fans cast their votes at Memorial by leaving more seats empty and bailing for the exits at the first sign of defeat.

Oh I haven't given-up hope yet, the season can be saved. I see a down year for NW, four of our next five are very winnable. Clean things up to do that and we have some momentum going into the arduous back half of the sched and hopefully surprise some folks. But chances are that doesn't happen, as Frost said it's the same movie over and over, if it doesn't then IMO Trev needs to pull the plug and have a replacement ready to roll. 

18 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

Frost needs a choice like Callahan had. Needs to make coaching changes. Before Frosts job is officially on the chopping block, he needs the choice to axe his assistants and hire experienced competent coaches.

Get experienced coaches on this staff.

Not saying I disagree entirely but I feel like there are way more issues than even what Callahan had. Callahan was an offensive guy,  had good players, a good offense, I was young so I don’t entirely remember, but it feels like the Special teams weren’t a total disaster. Callahans teams were a good D coordinator away from being borderline dominate. Frost is almost the polar opposite. Still an offensive guy but, The D coordinator seems to be holding up his end of the job and everything else is a disaster. My point is, I think the staff would have to go through a way bigger overhaul than what Callahan needed to do. However I think the staff would probably be alright if we would just stop inflicting so much pain on ourselves. Absolute back breaking mistakes. I’m done ranting 

3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He has had 4 years to coach up our OL. This is what he and his staff have put together in year 4. It is all on them. I am done with youth excuses etc at this point. You dont get those in year 4 in my opinion because at this point the roster is all on Frost and co. 

The offensive performance is on Frost and Austin.  When Frost said he "guessed wrong" he's right 

The talent is in place now, but we're going to have more.bumps I'm the road.  Frost has only been a head coach 5 seasons.

The offensive game plan did not prepare the offense for what Illinois did.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Is there a QB on the roster that can complete the pass that needs to be completed?  I’m in year 2.5 of saying that will change this team.

I absolutely agree and have been on this bandwagon midway through year 2 of AM.  Fix the QB position and you fix over half of what ails this team.  

• Plus1 2

Frank had the stones to revamp his entire staff which led to a 10-3 season and his firing. That is neither here nor there however the tables have turned now and Frost may need revamp his entire offensive philosophy and staff to remain HC at NU. Personally, I think he sees the writing on the wall and so do many other higher ups. He’s not changing his stripes for anybody.

I realize this is an extreme and would never happen. I'd s#!tcan Frost right now, put Chins in charge because his side of the ball (though not perfect) actually showed improvement since year 1, and his players actually show emotion. I'd promote Busch to full time ST coordinator and tell him to try and make chicken salad outta chicken s#!t. Give Lubick full reigns of offense and see if he can't find some type of identity, because that side of the ball looks broken behind repair. Basically one last drastic effort to save this thing before entirely hitting reset. 

• Plus1 3