Who needs to go?

ZRod

We have to be honest and admit that the problems with Nebraska Football are deeper than just Frost and his ineptitude. Yes, he and his staff should be fired immediately. But the issues with Nebraska Football run deep into the Athletic Department. There are a lot of clowns in North stadium, and frankly some boosters too. 

Nebraska needs to hit a total reset button, not just with the staff on the field. Fire and replace every single person not named Trev Alberts.

Excommunicate any and every booster who does anything other than write big checks. If they make so much as a suggestion about what Gatorade flavor we should use on the sideline, ban them for life.

The rot here runs deep. And unless they find it and get rid of it, it'll come back and plague the next staff.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

We have to be honest and admit that the problems with Nebraska Football are deeper than just Frost and his ineptitude. Yes, he and his staff should be fired immediately. But the issues with Nebraska Football run deep into the Athletic Department. There are a lot of clowns in North stadium, and frankly some boosters too. 

Nebraska needs to hit a total reset button, not just with the staff on the field. Fire and replace every single person not named Trev Alberts.

Excommunicate any and every booster who does anything other than write big checks. If they make so much as a suggestion about what Gatorade flavor we should use on the sideline, ban them for life.

The rot here runs deep. And unless they find it and get rid of it, it'll come back and plague the next staff.

I really think it has to be something like this. How else do we have things that persist this much from coach to coach. I feel like a similar thing is going on at UT and probably other schools. From his history Trev can make the tough decisions so maybe cutting off some boosters is something he has the balls to do. 

18 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I realize this is an extreme and would never happen. I'd s#!tcan Frost right now, put Chins in charge because his side of the ball (though not perfect) actually showed improvement since year 1, and his players actually show emotion. I'd promote Busch to full time ST coordinator and tell him to try and make chicken salad outta chicken s#!t. Give Lubick full reigns of offense and see if he can't find some type of identity, because that side of the ball looks broken behind repair. Basically one last drastic effort to save this thing before entirely hitting reset. 

Find a spot for Ron Brown too. Our RBs haven't done squat put him at RB coach 

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I realize this is an extreme and would never happen. I'd s#!tcan Frost right now, put Chins in charge because his side of the ball (though not perfect) actually showed improvement since year 1, and his players actually show emotion. I'd promote Busch to full time ST coordinator and tell him to try and make chicken salad outta chicken s#!t. Give Lubick full reigns of offense and see if he can't find some type of identity, because that side of the ball looks broken behind repair. Basically one last drastic effort to save this thing before entirely hitting reset. 

I know it’s extreme, but this is what I’d do as well.

He put that garbage product on the field again.    Bye Scott.

45 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I really think it has to be something like this. How else do we have things that persist this much from coach to coach. I feel like a similar thing is going on at UT and probably other schools. From his history Trev can make the tough decisions so maybe cutting off some boosters is something he has the balls to do. 

I would agree with the comments about Texas and probably Tennessee as well.

There are issues on the inside that need worked out. Nebraska is heading towards a 4-8 season, perhaps worse. Drastic changes need to be made to correct the course.

1 hour ago, cornheadnation said:

Not saying I disagree entirely but I feel like there are way more issues than even what Callahan had. Callahan was an offensive guy,  had good players, a good offense, I was young so I don’t entirely remember, but it feels like the Special teams weren’t a total disaster. Callahans teams were a good D coordinator away from being borderline dominate. Frost is almost the polar opposite. Still an offensive guy but, The D coordinator seems to be holding up his end of the job and everything else is a disaster. My point is, I think the staff would have to go through a way bigger overhaul than what Callahan needed to do. However I think the staff would probably be alright if we would just stop inflicting so much pain on ourselves. Absolute back breaking mistakes. I’m done ranting 

Time and current perspective has certainly changed the overall look of Callahan's era, but I think claiming they were a good defensive coordinator away from being dominate is a stretch. Callahan's defense was atrocious and his offense wasn't all that great. He may have recruited well, but our offense wasn't really that great until his final season and that was when our defense was at our worst. The only time I was grateful we had Callahan's offense, and felt it was because of him that we won, was on the road versus Texas AM and we came back and won it.

Also, I think people are giving our defense way too much credit vs Illinois. This defense was going up against a second string quarterback, and allowed Illinois run game to basically do what it wanted when it needed it. The defense allowed Illinois to come out of halftime and drain 9 minutes off the clock and just pound the rock into the endzone. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The Diaco hiring comes to mind.  

• Plus1 2

I'm personally pretty tired of the buddy system when it comes to coaching at Nebraska. I dont think Frost needs canned YET, but Austin is questionable. Love Ruud, but the guy never even coached linebackers. Verdu needed fired long ago!  How about getting some assistants who have a track record and know what they are doing in the world of coaching. 

The defense has potential, but watching the offense after seeing the product Frost put on the field at Oregon and UCF. It's just mind blowing watching the lack of rhythm and execution with 2AM under center. They dont look even remotely the same! 
I'd love to see a heavy dose of Smothers next week against Fordham! 

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

The offensive performance is on Frost and Austin.  When Frost said he "guessed wrong" he's right 

The talent is in place now, but we're going to have more.bumps I'm the road.  Frost has only been a head coach 5 seasons.

The offensive game plan did not prepare the offense for what Illinois did.

Since preparation is the key to the game, that would mean Frost got out-coached.

And since the game allows you to make in-game adjustments, Frost could have adapted his offense to what the Illinois defense was showing him. Remember when Illinois' offense wasn't prepared for Nebraska's defensive bullrush and gave up a bunch of sacks? Then Illinois made adjustments and didn't have the problem again....on the way to winning the game?

That's called "coaching." 

For the last three seasons you've tried to convince me that Scott Frost was playing four-dimensional chess and we were too dim to see the progress. 

Now he's a still wet-behind-the-ears fifth year head coach and we need to be patient with "bumps in the road" that would have been intolerable for any other Nebraska coach?

I think it would be decent of you to admit that at this point there is zero evidence that the Scott Frost experiment is working. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Since preparation is the key to the game, that would mean Frost got out-coached.

And since the game allows you to make in-game adjustments, Frost could have adapted his offense to what the Illinois defense was showing him. Remember when Illinois' offense wasn't prepared for Nebraska's defensive bullrush and gave up a bunch of sacks? Then Illinois made adjustments and didn't have the problem again....on the way to winning the game?

That's called "coaching." 

For the last three seasons you've tried to convince me that Scott Frost was playing four-dimensional chess and we were too dim to see the progress. 

Now he's a still wet-behind-the-ears fifth year head coach and we need to be patient with "bumps in the road" that would have been intolerable for any other Nebraska coach?

I think it would be decent of you to admit that at this point there is zero evidence that the Scott Frost experiment is working. 

Frost absolutely got outcoached.

See.....4 words is all that's needed.

The rest of your post is simply you entertaining yourself 

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You have to start here. The environment at Nebraska is so toxic that it bleeds into the locker room. It's too small of a community to not play into the heads of players and coaches. 

22 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Bingo. Not sure we would have won but it clearly gave Illinois all the momentum and they rattled off 28 straight. If we get that INT then even if we don’t get points we get field position. Instead Illinois gets the ball back plus 30 yards!  That maybe didn’t give Illinois the game but surely lined them up to be in it vs the hole we would have had them in. That was the worst call I have seen in several years. Great football play by Tannor.

I agree. And, there really wasn’t a good replay that I saw that showed him driving him into the ground on purpose. He Wrapped up and landed on him. The announcers first said he hit him in the chin. When the replay didn’t show that, they switched to driving him in the ground. 

I actually think if their other QB hadn’t been hurt on a similar play, that call isn’t made. 

Again, that play would be on a highlight film if it were from the 90s. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
On 8/28/2021 at 3:35 PM, Undone said:

I just disagree with the assessment, sir.

Iowa is mistake-free and has awesome special teams. In my opinion they actually have less of an identity on offense the past two years than at any other point in Kirk's career.

Iowa doesn't beat themselves. Nebraska does. Our identity is beating ourselves.

Yup, we have done it so long that it has become apart of our DNA. 

• Plus1 1