Who needs to go?

ZRod

16 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Have you ever lived anywhere but Nebraska?

Ive worked big multi state territories- done the Winter Florida and Texas thing and Nebraska people are, very VERY tame compared to passionate fan bases in other parts of the country. Many of our fans are off the charts sickening nice in a lot of ways. 

I live in Texas and worked walking distance from UT for 5 years. My wife and her family are UT fans. I've also had family and friends go to A&M. The praise they have heaped on average to bad QBs here for the past decade is a lot. Most other fan bases are s#!tty to the other teams players and super homers to their own. Nebraska fans are pretty kind to other teams players and coaches, and instantly critical of anyone here with any expectations of being good. Hell I remember thinking how crazy it was that LSU fans were so excited about Burrow the year before their championship when he looked pretty average at best.

3 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I live in Texas and worked walking distance from UT for 5 years. My wife and her family are UT fans. I've also had family and friends go to A&M. The praise they have heaped on average to bad QBs here for the past decade is a lot. Most other fan bases are s#!tty to the other teams players and super homers to their own. Nebraska fans are pretty kind to other teams players and coaches, and instantly critical of anyone here with any expectations of being good. Hell I remember thinking how crazy it was that LSU fans were so excited about Burrow the year before their championship when he looked pretty average at best.

I lived in Texas- worked it as a territory and graduated from A&M. I have to disagree with you. In TExas they are brutal to the coaches and QBs. We get VERY excited about prospects too. Heck we had a bunch of guys on THIS BOARD really hyping Martinez THIS YEAR. Some speculating he would be in the NFL THATS really generous.

1 minute ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I lived in Texas- worked it as a territory and graduated from A&M. I have to disagree with you. In TExas they are brutal to the coaches and QBs. We get VERY excited about prospects too. Heck we had a bunch of guys on THIS BOARD really hyping Martinez THIS YEAR. Some speculating he would be in the NFL THATS really generous.

UT really just don't care enough to act like some of our fans do. When they are bad they just give up and stop caring. When the season wasn't going well the stadium was empty and no one cared. I worked on Saturdays and as soon as the game even hinted at being a loss I saw the fans streaming by. A&M is a never ran so the fans are happy with anything.

I'm only talking about players when I say this stuff though. I agree they are just as hard on coaches maybe harder than Neb fans, and I don't have a problem with that. Obviously every fan base has some bad it's just who has more of those fans and how quickly they decide a player is garbage and they really need to tell other people. 

On 8/28/2021 at 5:11 PM, FrantzHardySwag said:

This is the dumbest take, I’m not sure where it keeps coming from. 

It's a leftover take from the Solich/Pelini "if you keep firing 9 win coaches, nobody is going to come coach here" takes.... Of course, the glaring issue with that take in this situation is that Frost has barely won 9 games in 3+ seasons at Nebraska.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I absolutely agree and have been on this bandwagon midway through year 2 of AM.  Fix the QB position and you fix over half of what ails this team.  

The problem is- we don't have anyone on the roster that is better than AM> and we don't have a coach on staff who is making that room better. If you cant choose the right QBs and you cant coach them up- the only thing going for you is that opera music weird glasses and hair, smartest guy in the room thing- which I'm not buying- never did. 

Hello everyone,

I like many of you, was all in on Frost but for me that came to a screeching halt yesterday. I turned off the game when Nebraska failed to get anything going on offense after Illinois marched it down our throats eating up 7+ minutes off the clock to go up 23-9, cause I’ve seen this show before. 

Now if Frost so happens to pull this season off escaping 7-5 (doubtful) and keeping his job he needs get ride of the dead weight. Said dead weight would be:

Ryan Held - what has he accomplished since here? He passed up on Breece Hall to take Ronald Thompkins and Rahmir Johnson. Since Ozigbo none of our RB’s have accomplished jack squat 

Greg Austin - No much to say there. Both run and pass blocking have been inconsistent these past 4 years. Matt Farniok looks like a better blocker w/ the Cowboys than he ever did at Nebraska

Mario Verduzco - What does this guy actually do? Martinez has regressed since 18, recruiting Luke that was clearly not a D1 QB and our best QB now plays at Rutgers who beat our the 2nd string QB that just beat us 

All and all I don’t see Frost surviving after this year and most it is due to the fact that he’s stuck at the hip with Martinez and refused to go after a transfer QB to push Martinez. I say throw the checkbook at Fickell or Campbell and tell them to fill it out. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

We have to be honest and admit that the problems with Nebraska Football are deeper than just Frost and his ineptitude. Yes, he and his staff should be fired immediately. But the issues with Nebraska Football run deep into the Athletic Department. There are a lot of clowns in North stadium, and frankly some boosters too. 

Nebraska needs to hit a total reset button, not just with the staff on the field. Fire and replace every single person not named Trev Alberts.

Excommunicate any and every booster who does anything other than write big checks. If they make so much as a suggestion about what Gatorade flavor we should use on the sideline, ban them for life.

The rot here runs deep. And unless they find it and get rid of it, it'll come back and plague the next staff.

I totally on board with this. Hopefully Trev can begin to right the ship soon.

2 hours ago, Vince R. said:

One last thing... I know people are ripping on Adrian really bad. I get it. I firmly believe that Adrian would be an All-American elsewhere. Being so tied to the hip of Frost, as the head coach of Nebraska has crippled Adrian's career beyond the imagination. 

Maybe, but it's such a blanket claim with so many unknown variables that it's really hard to argue one way or the other. (Some would argue that AM has crippled Frost.)

All we can really do is judge them both based off their performances and abilities. AM has some accuracy issues and difficulty finding open receivers. He also has a turnover problem, and many of those are on him as much as they are on things outside of his control. I think the real question or debate comes down to what's the biggest root cause.

I saw a lot of open receivers yesterday that AM didn't throw to. I saw bad decisions that four year starters don't make against mediocre defenses. I saw poorly thrown footballs to open receivers that a four year starter should be hitting. Obviously, it's a coaches job to put players in positions to win, but when AM is put into those positions... there's not enough confidence that he's going to make the play. IDK who deserves more blame for it but it's pretty clear at this point that AM can't do what needs to be done at a high enough level.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree. And, there really wasn’t a good replay that I saw that showed him driving him into the ground on purpose. He Wrapped up and landed on him. The announcers first said he hit him in the chin. When the replay didn’t show that, they switched to driving him in the ground.

There was a replay clearly showing him driving Sitkowski into the ground. It was the 3rd replay they showed after the following play was run. An elevated view from behind. I too thought it was a bad call until that replay but upon seeing it there was no question it was the right call and an inexcusable play by Tannor. And to add insult to injury he followed up the roughing with an unsportsmanlike conduct to give Ill. another 15 yards. Dumb, dumb, dumb but what we've come to expect from Frost's teams.

• Thanks 1