Bob Stoops next head coach

I am hearing tons of rumors after the game that Frost is gone if he doesn't have a good season after today's game the writing is on the wall. I don't believe at all in firing Frost or anyone for that matter unless you have someone lined up. I am hearing a lot of talked that Nebraska has Bob Stoops lined up if or when Frost fails.

15 minutes ago, 3gunhusker said:

get matt campbell at a fraction of the price of stoops.  besides, doesn't anyone still hate oklahoma?

spoke too soon-his contract was just extended thru 2028 for $ 4 mil/yr.  $28 mil buyout or thereabouts.   if frost gets fired for cheating, maybe it works.

Where are you “hearing” this? On message boards from disgruntled fans. Two hours ago you were vehemently against replacing Frost and now you’re passing off message board chatter as some kind of secret source. Might be time to step away for the night.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Aquarium guy? A sock?  We need to know who!

From Jessica.  She was all over the hiring.  And hiring rhymes with firing so it's her.

Maybe Stoops, Bo as DC.  Get Carl as well.......Hell maybe Venables.

I still like Napier, Satterfield or Chadwell.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Bob Stoops is 60 years old.

Saban-69

Dabo-51

Ferentz-66

Chryst-55

Allen-51

Jimbo-55

I'd take him.  He didn't do too bad at OU :D.....Might not stay for 20 years, but if he could get us winning, it'd cure a lot of issues.  

The reality is setting in, that this season could be the worst in NU history.  Barring a complete turnaround, I do not see Frost being here next year after today.

Not that I think this is even the slightest bit true anyway but I would t not be excited to get Stoops. He’s 60 and isn’t gonna get the talent he had at Oklahoma. With him I think best case he could get the program on the right track and hand the reigns to an assistant, not much more. 

1 minute ago, Farms said:

Not that I think this is even the slightest bit true anyway but I would t not be excited to get Stoops. He’s 60 and isn’t gonna get the talent he had at Oklahoma. With him I think best case he could get the program on the right track and hand the reigns to an assistant, not much more

Four years in and this program is far from the right track...