Humiliation again

Have been a fan for 60 years. This was bad. 
We need to talk to Art Briles. He has been exonerated. Frost is a mirage of his former self from UCF who had a lot of help there.

Sit Martinez as a backup and start giving someone else some experience. Nothing to lose because we won’t win more than two games.

Really feel sorry for the fans. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, fred1942 said:

We need to talk to Art Briles. He has been exonerated.

No, and no.

The NCAA's investigation said this:

"The panel also considered whether the head coach's own conduct - not the conduct of his staff - demonstrated that he failed to meet his responsibilities as a head coach. In particular, the panel gave careful scrutiny to the head coach's handling of the specific instances of alleged sexual assault, interpersonal violence and threats orf violence that are at the center of this case. In each instance, when the head coach received information from a staff member regarding potential criminal conduct by a football student-athlete, he did not report the information and did not personally look any further into the matter. He generally relied on the information provided to him by his staff and likewise relied on them to handle problems. His incurious attitude toward potential criminal conduct by his student-athletes was deeply troubling to the panel. As one panel member observed at the hearing when questioning the coach's lack of response to this information, 'a lot of these things that we're talking about, they're not NCAA rules violations...[or] university policy violations. They're felonies. [W]e're talking about rapes and physical assualts.'"

"The head coach failed to meet even the basic expectations of how a person should react to the kind of conduct at issue in this case. Furthermore, as a campus leader, the head coach is held to an even higher standard. He completely failed to meet this standard. However, there is no linkage between this conduct and Level I or II NCAA violations.

Not that the university would care, but if we ever even interview Art Briles I'm revoking my fandom forever.

• Plus1 3

This is nothing new. Been going on since Callahan took over. Now on the 4th different coach, but not much has changed. Still unable to do the little things needed to get over the hump. 

If we were to fire Frost - and at this point I'm still willing to stand by him as long as he's willing to make the necessary staff changes - you have to go after a big name that will be able to land top recruits. I saw somebody mention Bob Stoops... not saying we should pursue him, per se, but someone along those lines. Someone with name value who has either NFL experience or history of putting guys in the league. Just look at what Schiano's doing at Rutgers right now. Personally Chris Petersen would be a top choice.