Coaches knew we were going to be bad...

A close friend of a staff member flat out told me this weeks ago.

the staff knew we were nowhere near ready to be playing at oklahoma in week 4 and that is why they tried to cancel it. (let alone at illinois)

recruiting and keeping players from transferring has been an absolute nightmare for the coaches.

he said the staff member flat out said he wished they were still in florida...

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

33 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

A close friend of a staff member flat out told me this weeks ago.

the staff knew we were nowhere near ready to be playing at oklahoma in week 4 and that is why they tried to cancel it. (let alone at illinois)

recruiting and keeping players from transferring has been an absolute nightmare for the coaches.

he said the staff member flat out said he wished they were still in florida...

I’ve unfortunately always feared and felt this way for Frost. I saw it in his post on field interview after UCF went unbeaten, I think against USF. I felt he felt he was being somewhat forced into the Nebraska job and I think deep down he enjoyed UCF and wanted to stay there. 

sadly, I don’t know if he truly ever wanted to be here, but felt like he had to be here to try and save Nebraska football.

then Akron happened, or didn’t happen, and that has been the omen for Frosts time at Nebraska.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I’ve unfortunately always feared and felt this way for Frost. I saw it in his post on field interview after UCF went unbeaten, I think against USF. I felt he felt he was being somewhat forced into the Nebraska job and I think deep down he enjoyed UCF and wanted to stay there. 

sadly, I don’t know if he truly ever wanted to be here, but felt like he had to be here to try and save Nebraska football.

then Akron happened, or didn’t happen, and that has been the omen for Frosts time at Nebraska.

Do you ever wonder if things would be different had we just played Akron and kicked their asses amd got momentum going to Colorado the next week? Possibly change the whole direction of the season… What if…..

• Plus1 7

Even if all the things OP said were actually said to his friend near verbatim there are dozens and dozens of ways to interpret them in the context of whatever the conversation was that would be harmless and far from some smoking gun rumor.

Dealing with the emotional reactions of the fans is more exhausting than watching us lose at this point :lol:

• Plus1 3

59 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The bad luck is unreal

The safety was not a safety, his knee was down and the ball was not all the way in the end zone BUT the call on the field ruined that.

The roughing the passer call that takes away the pick that is going to lead to NU being up by like 16 and the game is over.

AM ends up with like 300 plus yards of offense and no picks but of course there is a fumble that gets returned for a TD.

If you play fundamental sound football, this isnt a problem.  Which is why iowa can hang with any team in the B1G

• Plus1 9
6 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

If you play fundamental sound football, this isnt a problem.  Which is why iowa can hang with any team in the B1G

Luck is preparation meeting opportunity. We have the longest running streak of “bad luck” I’ve ever seen. We’re talking years.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 1
8 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

The talent wasn't going to change.  

exactly. these coaches know what they have months in advance...the goal was to build momentum early in the season to help recruiting and build confidence in the program. not only did they fail to cancel the OU game, but they couldn't even beat illinois. 

if this team fails to make a bowl game, there's no chance frost will be back next year.

whoever those coaches are that said that.....should stop throwing the players they recruited and trained under the bus like that.    FWIW....i see these results as coaching issues more than a players issue because i believe these players are talented but sent out there without adequate coaching and thus making so many bonehead  mistakes because of it.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1