What were the bright spots yesterday?

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Neither of them are ready. Both of those kids were projects, just like McCaffrey. You force one into a similar situation, and there will be a similar outcome.

When put into action, McCaffrey led Nebraska to a win against Penn State and a loss to Illinois. 

So his winning percentage was slightly better than Adrian's, fwiw.

Had Frost been forced to create a more Luke-friendly offense, do the Huskers go worse than 3-5 last season?

We have Frost and Adrian for the rest of the season, and I can't believe I'm about to say this but yeah, there is still a believable scenario for them to both reclaim respectability.

But getting the backup QBs a situational series or two, or even a flat out start, shouldn't be off the table. 

Every team starts the season one play away from depending on their back-up quarterback. 

The bright spot to me was the pass rush. I was happy to see that. I think we have some good run support safeties but some are a liability coverage wise (not gonna name names.) some of the receivers we have are promising if they had someone who could get them the ball on a consistent and accurate basis and not miss wide open throws.

40 minutes ago, FTW said:

The bright spot to me was the pass rush. I was happy to see that. I think we have some good run support safeties but some are a liability coverage wise (not gonna name names.) some of the receivers we have are promising if they had someone who could get them the ball on a consistent and accurate basis and not miss wide open throws.

Seemed like more sacks and TFL than all last season.  One surprise was the lack of seeing/hearing JoJo....Any ideas on him?

Defense was exactly what we expected and then some. Loved the pressure they got and the pain inflicted on QBs. I don't mind a roughing call once a game if they keep bringing it. They did enough to win. 

WRs were a refreshing change of pace when they were targeted.

Need more TE plays!

• Plus1 1