Frost was doomed at the start!

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

This is more or less what we should expect from a program that quite literally plays 2-hand touch to prepare for the season.  A soft, ill-prepared team.

Whoever the next staff is has a lot of work ahead of them, and I hope we're half as patient as we have been with Frost.

So many of our issues are tied to poor offensive and defensive line play.  When the starting IL QB went down to injury on Saturday, Bielema relied on two proven components to beat NU; get physical at the point of attack with a steady run game and wait for NU to self-destruct.  The second is always a given, but the first has shown up on so many occasions over the years.   Inability to stop the run and no offensive rushing attack whatsoever to take pressure off of the QB. 

Soft along the lines.

44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

WTF?!?!

Really? You’re paid millions to adapt, plan for possible eventualities, and you had ALL F*****G SPRING AND FALL to cover your bases. 

So all one needs to do now is shift your lineup a bit and Frost is reeling? Wow…

5 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Everyone in the country thought it was a homerun hire. Frost has had our full support while going 12-20 the last 3 years. At some point you have to show improvement on the field to earn that support. Just give me a coach that has shown he can build a program. I dont care if it is G5 or P5. Show me someone that took over a below 500 team and turned it around. Jamey Chadwell as an example has done it at a few levels now. I actually think he is the next "Matt Campbell" in terms of a younger HC that will go to a P5 school and build it into a consistent top 25 team. 

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
North Greenville Crusaders (NCAA Division II independent) (2009–2011)
2009 North Greenville 2–8          
2010 North Greenville 9–3     W Victory    
2011 North Greenville 11–3     L NCAA Division II Quarterfinal    
North Greenville: 22–14    
Delta State Statesmen (Gulf South Conference) (2012)
2012 Delta State 3–7 1–4 T–5th      
Delta State: 3–7 1–4  
Charleston Southern Buccaneers (Big South Conference) (2013–2016)
2013 Charleston Southern 10–3 3–2 3rd      
2014 Charleston Southern 8–4 3–2 T–3rd      
2015 Charleston Southern 10–3 6–0 1st L FCS Playoffs Quarterfinals    
2016 Charleston Southern 7–4 4–1 T–1st L FCS Playoffs First Round    
Charleston Southern: 35–14 16–5  
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (Sun Belt Conference) (2017)
2017 Coastal Carolina 3–9 2–6 T–10th      
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (Sun Belt Conference) (2019–present)
2019 Coastal Carolina 5–7 2–6 5th (East)      
2020 Coastal Carolina 11–1 8–0 1st (East)[15] L Cure 14 14
Coastal Carolina: 19–17 12–12  
Total: 79–52

As a run the damn ball guy, I like his scheme........

6 hours ago, presidentjlh said:

I'm not mad we made the decision to hire him when we did. It seemed like a good decision, it was the popular choice, it made sense. It just didn't work.

In a nutshell, the whole thing right there. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

WTF?!?!

This is puzzling.  Zone blocking rules don't care about alignment & there is very little difference between the 4-3 1 gap & 3-4 1 gap D they were prepared for.  This is the same coach who has shared the story of why he prefers a 3-4 defense, stating the 4-3 can't hold up to the Oregon rushing attack...is it not?

30 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

vendettasportsmedia give this a read if you do 

Great find. Thanks.  Was talking to a buddy of mine today and was explaining this to him.  He’s taken TO and Switzerland schemes to modern day mayhem.  Live in the Carolinas so have gotten to watch some of them  and Charleston Southern when he was there.   He does a great job.  Innovative for sure.  I love this comment concerning the evolution of his triple option:  hahaha. Classic

Look at the way the safeties are playing. They’re scared s#!tless of the pass......

Reminds me a lot of the PA with TF back in the day....

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

This is puzzling.  Zone blocking rules don't care about alignment & there is very little difference between the 4-3 1 gap & 3-4 1 gap D they were prepared for.  This is the same coach who has shared the story of why he prefers a 3-4 defense, stating the 4-3 can hold up to the Oregon rushing attack...is it not?

I think he is trying to get fired at this point.  

• Plus1 2

25 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

This is puzzling.  Zone blocking rules don't care about alignment & there is very little difference between the 4-3 1 gap & 3-4 1 gap D they were prepared for.  This is the same coach who has shared the story of why he prefers a 3-4 defense, stating the 4-3 can hold up to the Oregon rushing attack...is it not?

That's the beauty of Zone Blocking

We don't run many gap schemes- its mainly zone.  Not sure what Coach Frost is talking about. 

https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/590/strategies-for-blocking-covered-vs-uncovered-in-inside-zone-runs

9 minutes ago, lo country said:

Great find. Thanks.  Was talking to a buddy of mine today and was explaining this to him.  He’s taken TO and Switzerland schemes to modern day mayhem.  Live in the Carolinas so have gotten to watch some of them  and Charleston Southern when he was there.   He does a great job.  Innovative for sure.  I love this comment concerning the evolution of his triple option:  hahaha. Classic

Look at the way the safeties are playing. They’re scared s#!tless of the pass......

Reminds me a lot of the PA with TF back in the day....

Exactly, that scheme to me is what TO would be running today if he was still our HC

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Exactly, that scheme to me is what TO would be running today if he was still our HC

100%.....  Here's too hoping. Frost's presser today, as a player, would instill me to seek the transfer portal.  Woukdn't be surprised if some staff have resumes out.  Looking to get out or thinking they might be fired.  But getting them out regardless.