No Depth Chart This Week Either

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nebraska again opts not to include a depth chart this week in its notes for Fordham. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Huskers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Huskers</a> released one weekly in 2019 but not since.</p>&mdash; Evan Bland (@EvanBlandOWH) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanBlandOWH/status/1432355937419935753?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 30, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

This is like the last thing Frost has left he can control.  They may take my job, but they'll never see my depth chart.

I'm starting to think he doesn't want to share his depth chart because he doesn't have a depth chart

would help explain why we have a corner back who doesnt necessarily have blazing speed as a punt returned

would help explain why we hear about certain running backs who never actually see game time

would help explain why we see a constant merry go round of running backs

would help explain why the receivers dont seem to have clearly defined roles 

would help explain why we're a complete embarrassment 

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

would help explain why we hear about certain running backs who never actually see game time

I think this one might have more to do with the way we drink Kool-Aid that places like HOL feed us during fall camp.

Which is yet another reason to practically ignore all of that stuff that comes out from the media preseason.

I had a friend all upset that Morrison didn't get carries. As if the game would have been different if Morrison had gotten carries...when in reality there was never really any actual reason to think he was towards the top of the "depth chart" either way.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Undone said:

I think this one might have more to do with the way we drink Kool-Aid that places like HOL feed us during fall camp.

Which is yet another reason to practically ignore all of that stuff that comes out from the media preseason.

I had a friend all upset that Morrison didn't get carries. As if the game would have been different if Morrison had gotten carries...when in reality there was never really any actual reason to think he was towards the top of the "depth chart" either way.

I mean this staff has sprinkled in a fair amount of names that seemed to switch every week

Its concerning to me that in frost's time here he has not once been to able to identify a #1 running.. sure a running back room is great and all, but not when there isnt a clear cut back... even 2018, it felt like he struggled with this until Oz basically forced the agenda and was clearly theguy we needed to feed the rock to

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

Its concerning to me that in frost's time here he has not once been to able to identify a #1 running.. sure a running back room is great and all, but not when there isnt a clear cut back... even 2018, it felt like he struggled with this until Oz basically forced the agenda and was clearly theguy we needed to feed the rock to

Yeah.

If I thought this staff was even going to be around in 2-3 years then I'd say we need to pick Ervin or Morrison and let game experience get one of those guys going, because then you've potentially got a four year guy to hang your hat on.

I think it’s kind of comical how some people get so bent out of shape because of no depth chart being released. Since day one this staff has thrown out whoever they’ve felt like with little regard for any official chart. There have been all sorts of situations of this player isn’t doing it right, or doesn’t grasp the playbook and numerous other random criteria. I don’t see where a depth chart means diddly squat to us fans.  However, if the team or coaches or players are not aware what the pecking order is, then that would be a problem. I assume they know but I’m also beginning to doubt even that much.  At this point, we really have no idea if they have any clue what they are doing or not. Not sure how releasing a listing to the public changes anything.

2 hours ago, commando said:

with no depth chart he can catch the other coaches off guard since they don't know who we will line up out there.   always got to be ahead of the curve you know.

Maybe he could really trick them and go with alternating odd/even D fronts. I hear that makes offensive execution near impossible.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, commando said:

with no depth chart he can catch the other coaches off guard since they don't know who we will line up out there.   always got to be ahead of the curve you know.

Exactly.  Lincoln Riley on the loss to Nebraska.  "TBH, we had practiced all week with CTB and Newsome at CB.  When they trotted Farmer out there, the entire game plan, and I mean the ENTIRE game plan was thrown out.  We guessed wrong and it cost us big time. And I hate it for Spencer.  Instead of being the next Heisman he's now going to be known as Spencer Rattled.  I give it to Frost.  That was some serious next level sh!t right there.  Phenomenal coach.  We never saw it coming.  Couldn't adjust".....

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, lo country said:

Exactly.  Lincoln Riley on the loss to Nebraska.  "TBH, we had practiced all week with CTB and Newsome at CB.  When they trotted Farmer out there, the entire game plan, and I mean the ENTIRE game plan was thrown out.  We guessed wrong and it cost us big time. And I hate it for Spencer.  Instead of being the next Heisman he's now going to be known as Spencer Rattled.  I give it to Frost.  That was some serious next level sh!t right there.  Phenomenal coach.  We never saw it coming.  Couldn't adjust".....

Remember 2008 Bo’s first year @ OU? This is going to go the same way if not worse. Don’t be surprised if they hang 42 on us in the first half alone. Could get real ugly real fast. I see us dropping an L to them 63-10.

22 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I think it’s kind of comical how some people get so bent out of shape because of no depth chart being released. Since day one this staff has thrown out whoever they’ve felt like with little regard for any official chart. There have been all sorts of situations of this player isn’t doing it right, or doesn’t grasp the playbook and numerous other random criteria. I don’t see where a depth chart means diddly squat to us fans.  However, if the team or coaches or players are not aware what the pecking order is, then that would be a problem. I assume they know but I’m also beginning to doubt even that much.  At this point, we really have no idea if they have any clue what they are doing or not. Not sure how releasing a listing to the public changes anything.

just another part of being clueless

On 8/30/2021 at 11:30 PM, JJ Husker said:

The reason no depth chart- very simple

NUs depth chart is a giant round dart board. It just wont fit the format that the Newspaper wants and needs to publish a formal depth chart. Happens all the time. 

• Plus1 1