What Good Can Come From the Fordham Game?

If the situation were perfect at this point I want to see how Smothers responds being in there.  I'm at least hoping/thinking the OL does a little better against Fordham.  At the same time sadly enough I wonder if the staff would even have him (Smothers) truly prepared or not call a game asking too much of him. 

Also if Sevion Morrison isn't injured he needs to get some carries.  Same for Zavier Betts.  It almost makes me wonder if these guys got dinged up before Saturday.

If the last four years have taught us anything,  it's that nothing is guaranteed...better not count this one in the win column until its over. 

Maybe that's the page the team has to turn.   Realize they are who they are & no one is rolling over for us.  Everyone in the college football world takes great joy in NU on the struggle bus.

These guys have played with their arseholes so clinched these past couple years its insane.  Just go play hard, leave it all out there. We need to live in the micro world, not the macro.  

These kids play hard, but their heads collectively spin when it becomes nut-cutting time.  That's what so hard for me to watch.  Just loosen up the arseholes and play free.  What harm could it do?

A lot of good things can happen this week.  It's home game, with home crowd. Players will love it.  Fans that attend will love it.

Don't care who we playing.  But a game against fordham is good opportunity to get a win and build momentum.  Get this thing rolling.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Offensive Coord and Backup Qbs are the First Half Offense--> PERIOD.

Frost for some reason was calling plays last week.. again?? and it was a MESS>> again.. took forever to get plays to 2AM and sometimes they were flat out WRONG.... 3/1--> PASS???  1st and Goal..  sneak because they thought it was 4th down? I would bet $ the play he fumbled on.. it was the wrong play for down / distance and 2AM was in a panic.. Let 2AM call his own plays.. or let Matt call the plays as was the plan...  We have seen Gebbia, Luke, Noah + all the WR's , WB, RBs leave the program.. something is bad broken in that part of the house....

The Fordham game gives the team a chance to play in front of the home crowd again so that is exciting for the players, but Nebraska should be expected to win the next 2 games to be honest so it should not take much heat off the coaching staff.  The real test is the Oklahoma game.  While nobody expects Nebraska to win, if they look respectable, that will cool the hot seat for Frost a bit.  However, if Oklahoma blows out Nebraska, that will further seal his fate and will put the team in a bad position heading into the rest of the conference schedule.  

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The Fordham game gives the team a chance to play in front of the home crowd again so that is exciting for the players, but Nebraska should be expected to win the next 2 games to be honest so it should not take much heat off the coaching staff.  The real test is the Oklahoma game.  While nobody expects Nebraska to win, if they look respectable, that will cool the hot seat for Frost a bit.  However, if Oklahoma blows out Nebraska, that will further seal his fate and will put the team in a bad position heading into the rest of the conference schedule.  

I might’ve agreed with this a week ago but I think the importance of the next 3 games has flipped some.  They need to dominate and blow the doors off Fordham, and win decisively against Buffalo to cool down the heat they are getting. Oklahoma….well Oklahoma is going to kick our s#!t in and everyone should realize that. I don’t think anybody is reserving judgement based on the OU game (although a semi respectable showing would go a long ways). But Fordham and Buffalo, those are potential career enders. I honestly don’t feel either of those games is a guaranteed outcome at this point. Fordham should be a 40+ point blowout and Buffalo 3-4 TDs minimum but I have absolutely no confidence this sh#t show can manage that two weeks in a row. In fact my best guess is that they’ll struggle mightily in at least one of those games.

• Plus1 1