Fordham Week Pressers

Cdog923

31 minutes ago, captain_sasquatch said:

I can't decide if my eyes are stuck from rolling them too hard or if I just don't want to look at this dumpster fire anymore.

If this team lost I wouldn’t be phased at all. I feel bad saying that. I don’t want them to lose but I’ve prepared for the worst. 

• Plus1 3
51 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Honestly saying crap like that only confirms what we have all said. He and his staff most notably offensively have no freaking clue what they are doing for the amount of money they are paid. 

Sad thing about it is the head man has leveraged his offense being the core of the program....and it's failing miserably.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

@MavricFeel free to merge, but I feel like this had to be pointed out from today's presser: 

Let me just quote my post from the predictions thread: "A bad team transitioning to a new 3-4 scheme, and their very first outing is a conference game? I don't think so."

Yeah, turns out that they didn't actually make that transition, and apparently the coaches never bothered to have them practice against a 4-man front like they'd see from most opponents over the course of the season.

• Plus1 2

As dumb of a thing as that is to say, it's even more mind numbing to thing that a head coach, someone who has learned at the altars of Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Snyder and Chip Kelley, can't adjust to a 4 man front, the most basic and common of all defensive fronts. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, captain_sasquatch said:

-Have a game-changing interception turned over with 30 yards of unnecessary penalties.

For what it's worth, I've been told the Illinois alumni game review letter called out this play specifically indicating they "got lucky, and got away with a gift from the refs," here. They know neither of those penalties should have been called.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2