Fordham Week Pressers

Cdog923

25 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

He f#&%ing said this out loud!? The only reason you’d admit this is if you’re actively trying to get canned…unbelievable 

From day one I've worried Frost didn't really want to come here. I thought he may have felt so needed here by everyone he chose to come here because of the pressure of not coming to Nebraska. But truthfully I felt he didn't really want to leave UCF. From day one he never has looked overly excited to be at Nebraska. I dont know if he just knew the unbelievable hard task that it was going to be, or if he just knew everything that was going to come of this job, the expectations and the microscope, etc.

But I felt it was us fans who needed Frost when he was hired and Frost didn't really need us. I think he was content at UCF and it was heartbreaking for him to choose to leave and come try and save Nebraska. Maybe I am the only one who felt this and maybe I am wrong. I hope I am wrong, I hope he truly wanted to come here, but the way things have played out, this has been an absolute disaster from game 1 of season 1 when Akron got cancelled.   

• Plus1 3

13 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

For what it's worth, I've been told the Illinois alumni game review letter called out this play specifically indicating they "got lucky, and got away with a gift from the refs," here. They know neither of those penalties should have been called.

One of my biggest issues with that play is, that qb is 6'5.  He got tackled nothing malicious.  I don't think they showed the end of the play where there was taunting.  If they did I missed it.  Also later in the game there were several instances where Illini players got in the faces of our defenders after a play.  Why were none of those called?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

One of my biggest issues with that play is, that qb is 6'5.  He got tackled nothing malicious.  I don't think they showed the end of the play where there was taunting.  If they did I missed it.  Also later in the game there were several instances where Illini players got in the faces of our defenders after a play.  Why were none of those called?

TV had a great angle from behind the ref who made the call showing him watch the hit on the QB, the ball still in the air, then the INT, then he reached for his flag. The QB was already on the ground before the pass was intercepted, but he didn't make the call until after the pick. 

Also, Illinois was not called for holding the entire game, despite having three sacks and their starting QB knocked out in the first quarter. 

Now, having said that, NONE of that is an excuse for how the team collapsed. But two things can be true - we can suck, and the refs can make questionable calls. Just saying for all of you "I'm sick of people blaming the refs" folks who can't understand that it doesn't have to be one or the other. It can be both.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
5 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

From day one I've worried Frost didn't really want to come here. I thought he may have felt so needed here by everyone he chose to come here because of the pressure of not coming to Nebraska. But truthfully I felt he didn't really want to leave UCF. From day one he never has looked overly excited to be at Nebraska. I dont know if he just knew the unbelievable hard task that it was going to be, or if he just knew everything that was going to come of this job, the expectations and the microscope, etc.

But I felt it was us fans who needed Frost when he was hired and Frost didn't really need us. I think he was content at UCF and it was heartbreaking for him to choose to leave and come try and save Nebraska. Maybe I am the only one who felt this and maybe I am wrong. I hope I am wrong, I hope he truly wanted to come here, but the way things have played out, this has been an absolute disaster from game 1 of season 1 when Akron got cancelled.   

A couple days ago there was a thread about how the coaching staff -- a lot of guys who followed Frost from Florida -- admitted in private that they no longer want to be here.

They were second-hand and anecdotal and maybe that's why the thread got deleted. Maybe something else happened after the last post I read.

But at this point I'm really inclined to revisit Moos' departure and all those "good riddance and/or good luck" reactions regarding the loss of players like Spielman and Wandale and anyone else not buying into the Frost culture. Some folks may be due an apology. 

I can't think of anything we can learn from the Fordham game. 

After that, I invite Frost to prove me wrong by doing things differently. Any sign of life or pride or strategy is welcome. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

TV had a great angle from behind the ref who made the call showing him watch the hit on the QB, the ball still in the air, then the INT, then he reached for his flag. The QB was already on the ground before the pass was intercepted, but he didn't make the call until after the pick. 

Also, Illinois was not called for holding the entire game, despite having three sacks and their starting QB knocked out in the first quarter. 

Now, having said that, NONE of that is an excuse for how the team collapsed. But two things can be true - we can suck, and the refs can make questionable calls. Just saying for all of you "I'm sick of people blaming the refs" folks who can't understand that it doesn't have to be one or the other. It can be both.

I thought the ref were bad all game for both sides.  I think one of the calls where they took the TD away from the kid after he touched the pilon was a screw up.  They scored on the next play I believe but still I didn't understand the reasoning behind that call.  I think the holding they called against us was pretty lame.  I don't remember seeing any egregious holds on them not getting called.  Our defenders were doing a good job of taking themselves out of plays on their own.   I'm still in the belief that the bonehead safety wasn't actually a safety.  They called him down at the goal line and when his knee was down the ball was outside of the endzone.  Never saw a side view so maybe it wasn't but him throwing the ball was a mute point because he was already down.

• Thanks 3
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

As always, you would have to sift through the game with an eye for borderline calls and non-calls that went in Nebraska's favor. 

I initially thought the roughing the passer call was BS until the second replay, when they showed it wasn't a cheap hands to the face call, but a pretty clear pile-driving. Yeah, that would have been a defensive highlight  for most of the history of football, but they've been calling it pretty consistently for the past five years, college and NFL.  The play that took out Illinois' starter was clean. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

A couple days ago there was a thread about how the coaching staff -- a lot of guys who followed Frost from Florida -- admitted in private that they no longer want to be here.

They were second-hand and anecdotal and maybe that's why the thread got deleted. Maybe something else happened after the last post I read.

But at this point I'm really inclined to revisit Moos' departure and all those "good riddance and/or good luck" reactions regarding the loss of players like Spielman and Wandale and anyone else not buying into the Frost culture. Some folks may be due an apology. 

I can't think of anything we can learn from the Fordham game. 

After that, I invite Frost to prove me wrong by doing things differently. Any sign of life or pride or strategy is welcome. 

My take on things from my post isn't from hearing anything from anyone, it's solely based off my own opinion from things I have seen from him on TV and other video posts. After UCF beat USF to remain unbeaten and the first thing the on field reporter asked him was if he was coming to Nebraska, I think his expression and body language to that, which was a completely unprofessional question to ask at the moment, said a lot. He was torn. It felt like he knew Nebraska needed him or at least needed him to give it a shot, but I dont think he wanted to leave UCF. I think he loved it there.

Add to it, since he has gotten here it seems like nothing has gone right and I just don't see how he is having any fun with this project.

I mean, I totally get that you prep for certain fronts but the only thing that would really change, based on fronts, is who can/should pull.  That is just a communication thing on the line.  

Everything is just communication, calling out for a combo block, for a double, for help if you are pulling.  

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I thought the ref were bad all game for both sides.  I think one of the calls where they took the TD away from the kid after he touched the pilon was a screw up.  They scored on the next play I believe but still I didn't understand the reasoning behind that call.  I think the holding they called against us was pretty lame.  I don't remember seeing any egregious holds on them not getting called.  Our defenders were doing a good job of taking themselves out of plays on their own.   I'm still in the belief that the bonehead safety wasn't actually a safety.  They called him down at the goal line and when his knee was down the ball was outside of the endzone.  Never saw a side view so maybe it wasn't but him throwing the ball was a mute point because he was already down.

Yes, definitely they were. I also thought the pylon TD was the wrong call, and I also thought Cam's safety was the wrong call. It also looked like the catch on that dime pass way down the sideline maybe shouldn't have counted because the WR's foot was out of bounds - weird thing is, there were never any conclusive shots showing the proper angles for all of those plays. 

I heard they did a lot of the camera work for that game remotely. They didn't appear to have goal-line angles or sideline angles at all. Makes me wonder what exactly the refs were able to look at. 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Yes, definitely they were. I also thought the pylon TD was the wrong call, and I also thought Cam's safety was the wrong call. It also looked like the catch on that dime pass way down the sideline maybe shouldn't have counted because the WR's foot was out of bounds - weird thing is, there were never any conclusive shots showing the proper angles for all of those plays. 

I heard they did a lot of the camera work for that game remotely. They didn't appear to have goal-line angles or sideline angles at all. Makes me wonder what exactly the refs were able to look at. 

All those calls, if called the opposite on field, would have stood up under review.  

NU got hosed but still should be winning these games.

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, I totally get that you prep for certain fronts but the only thing that would really change, based on fronts, is who can/should pull.  That is just a communication thing on the line.  

That's how it was when I played and coached. Assignments change, but it shouldn't change up your bread and butter. College linemen should know how to block a certain play against any front and any tech. Frost is letting the DC of the opposing team dictate wayyyyyy too much it sounds like. 

• Plus1 3