Fordham Week Pressers

Cdog923

10 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

He won't though! He's got too much ego to give up calling the plays. He shouldn't be doing it as the head coach, we pay an OC for a reason. Frost's stubborness is really ******* me off! 

His sole attention to the offense alone really hurts the product as a whole. I actually think Frost is trying to do too much and it’s hurting him. I know he wants this bad. But it just isn’t working. 

• Plus1 1

55 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Eh, losing a game you're supposed to after winning these next two? I doubt it.

Would really stink to fire him if we beat OU.

If we beat OU…..

giphy.gif

He won’t be fired after the OU game “if” we beat them. But now for the important question. What have you seen that makes you think that winning that game is at all a possibility?

For the record, I don’t think he will be fired before game 5, unless one of these next two games ends up in the L column.

1 minute ago, Decked said:

His sole attention to the offense alone really hurts the product as a whole. I actually think Frost is trying to do too much and it’s hurting him.

I really think you're right. I noticed this in year one when some of the defensive struggles were just ridiculous.

Fortunately Chinander has actually gotten his side of the ball moving at least to place where they're trending up instead of trending down.

But if we have another losing season because of special teams that are worse than a high school JV team? His legacy here will pathetic on a whole new level, even for Husker football.

40 minutes ago, Undone said:

We need to rush for 300 yards in this game. This should be one where we're handing it off to Stepp, Ervin, or f****** Brody Belt and guys are busting off 6-8 yard runs left and right.

Get your linemen in a headspace where there aren't any Bo Pelini-esque pre-snap calculus equations to do in order to know where to be. Trample these f****rs so hard they're limping once they get back to the Bronx.

Just do it and stop making it sound so hard.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bs3aazi23ltvx6h5mbt2

Look, I'm really not a "run the damn ball" guy, but line the f#&% up in the I, run the ball 50 times, and win the damn game. 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Look, I'm really not a "run the damn ball" guy, but line the f#&% up in the I, run the ball 50 times, and win the damn game. 

If we can't do it against Fordham and we only managed 160 yards rushing against Illinois (where 75 of those 160 were off a broken play scramble by Martinez) then this season is screwed.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Yeah, I'm throw the damn ball guy.  Always have been.  But you are right, they need to get some heavy work done on the running game.  Actually, the oline needs to work on pass pro too lol. 

42 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

We lead the nation in the most talented players who don't play because of practice.

How does Frost know that practice translates 100% to game day performance?  Has he cracked a code that nobody else knows about?  There are players who may have size, height, and speed advantages over everyone else on our team but are sitting out the game because they did not look as good as someone who is slower, smaller, and shorter during practice?  Not only are we shooting ourselves in the foot with major blunders which causes us to lose games we should easily win, but we are not even fielding the best talent that we recruit.  What a mess. 

Don't pile on me for this because it's not an excuse for this crap team Frost put on the field Saturday, but this is my best guess as to why guys like Liewer are playing over guys like Betts.

I think Frost is actually super committed to establishing the power run game right from the first drive of the game. You can see this in his play selection across all last season and then again last Saturday.

My best guess is that he sees more "effort on blocking" by some of the receivers than others during practice and then gives those guys the playing time because he believes it'll translate into a better run game. The problem is that our base run game was crap anyway during the entire first half.

Same story as most of last year; Martinez's YPC stats are awesome because of scrambles. Meanwhile our back with the most carries (Ervin) averages 2.8 YPC on 12 attempts. That is just not how it's supposed to be and everybody knows it.

• Plus1 3

I wonder if maybe the dudes with "all the talent" are held to a different standard of what a "good practice" looks like.

I have never had that problem, I always pick the dude that is the better player over the kid that tries hard.  It does not always work but I still have always done it.

• Plus1 2