Fordham Week Pressers

Cdog923

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

All those calls, if called the opposite on field, would have stood up under review.  

NU got hosed but still should be winning these games.

Agree on the calls holding up under review if opposite.

Not sure we got hosed necessarily. I disagree with that roughing-the-passer call and I think the circumstances surrounding it are similar to the fact that Nebraska went more than two years without a holding call against our Big Ten opponents until it was pointed out publicly, and then our very next opponent had three holds called on them. 

Definitely we should be winning these games. The team folds when stuff doesn't go their way. They're mentally fragile and it's really hard to watch. 

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ehhh, this part is just being catty, who cares what time they show up.  They are not working at Hy Vee and have to count their drawer by 8am.

I believe practices are in the mornings still.

But if Albert's isn't returning your calls I guess there's always social media.

• Thanks 1

I’m throwing this out.  Purely an assumption.......There’s were rumblings that Mo and others would get a pass and a guy like Mills sits for being late to practice that caused some riffs in the locker room.  Same thing with Farnioks bro getting passed over for center.  A guy actually recruited to play.  Now you here these comments, the guys coming in late (don’t know the circumstances)(read about the work habits of Sabans staff/Dabo/Urb) and maybe the culture problem is Frost’s.  Maybe the kids are picking up on the possible double standard.  Maybe they, like us, hear the presser and are lie, WTF did I come here.......Too late to transfer.  How does Austin feel heari g we guessed wrong or scrapped half the game plan.  I’d be damned you call me out for my OL play with comments like that....

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

For what it's worth, I've been told the Illinois alumni game review letter called out this play specifically indicating they "got lucky, and got away with a gift from the refs," here. They know neither of those penalties should have been called.

I know others disagree.  But, I went back and watched it this morning.  I think it's total BS.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, lo country said:

I’m throwing this out.  Purely an assumption.......There’s were rumblings that Mo and others would get a pass and a guy like Mills sits for being late to practice that caused some riffs in the locker room.  Same thing with Farnioks bro getting passed over for center.  A guy actually recruited to play.  Now you here these comments, the guys coming in late (don’t know the circumstances)(read about the work habits of Sabans staff/Dabo/Urb) and maybe the culture problem is Frost’s.  Maybe the kids are picking up on the possible double standard.  Maybe they, like us, hear the presser and are lie, WTF did I come here.......Too late to transfer.  How does Austin feel heari g we guessed wrong or scrapped half the game plan.  I’d be damned you call me out for my OL play with comments like that....

Hey Frost shows up late to practices and has skipped a couple too. Why does he get a pass but the players dont? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Agree on the calls holding up under review if opposite.

Not sure we got hosed necessarily. I disagree with that roughing-the-passer call and I think the circumstances surrounding it are similar to the fact that Nebraska went more than two years without a holding call against our Big Ten opponents until it was pointed out publicly, and then our very next opponent had three holds called on them. 

Definitely we should be winning these games. The team folds when stuff doesn't go their way. They're mentally fragile and it's really hard to watch. 

Wow really? 2 years...I missed this story. I've always felt the big has stuck it to us with scheduling and nonsense.

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

When coaches at other programs are in the building at 6 am it matters. 

No it doesn't.  Plus they practice in the mornings so they are there.

Also, college coaches have done a masterful job creating this insane notion at how many hours they have to work.  You know why they are (a lot of them) at the office all the time?  Because they are hanging out with other coaches and players, they are getting in a workout, they are watching sports, they are eating catered breakfast and lunch and dinner and they don't have to be stuck at home with wife and kids.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Ehhh, this part is just being catty, who cares what time they show up.  They are not working at Hy Vee and have to count their drawer by 8am.

How many D1 P5 coaching staffs stroll in at noon to work? I have been saying Frost shows up late, doesnt show up some times etc. Then we wonder why we have boneheaded play by our players, poor execution and then the staff has the audacity to bench people because of their "habits". It is a mess plain and simple. 

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Ok teach you go ahead and believe putting the time in doesn't matter. I don't know if they show up late or not but if they do it absolutely makes a difference full stop. 

They do, it is a fact. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2