Fordham Week Pressers

Cdog923

51 minutes ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

Didn't they specifically make a point of not driving/spiking the QB to the ground in the rules? That's what Tannor looked like he did when I watched the replay. They didn't show the taunting but even if he did taunt, that would've just been added back to the end of the return, I think. 

But yeah, the fact that Illinois wasn't called for one holding and Nebraska was called for a holding when the official responsible for calling holding was out of the game is pretty damning. 

It's incredible how the offensive lines of our opponents manage to play a perfectly disciplined game whenever Nebraska lines up on the other side. 

We have been screwed with the holding calls for sure.  In defense, I wonder of other teams (with a better staff) just "teach" cheating better.....

I have no hope for Nebraska Football anytime soon after hearing this press conference. :facepalm: They didn't even plan for a 4 front on defense as a possibility?! Obviously they have ZERO idea how to adjust during the game to what their opponent is doing! Unbelievable that we are paying this coaching staff this much for BS like this! :steam

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don’t think Trev can wait until the end of the season. This is indefensible and should nullify any contracts. D1 college football coaches can’t miss days and stroll in to work at noon. They don’t get paid $5M to f#ck the dog.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
22 minutes ago, lo country said:

But he's a great recruiter.........So say people.  I'd have let him go last year. And Verduzco.

Fwiw he was such a massive upgrade from Reggie Davis (at least from a recruiting effort standpoint) that I think it was easy to overrate him right away lol.

Riley’s staff had to carry Reggie in recruiting his own position when RB coaches are typically among your best recruiters for most of the team. Held came in and did exactly what he was supposed to do: generate interest among recruits at several positions. But the results have been pretty hit or miss for us for sure and I’m not sure if it’s a scouting problem, a development problem, or what. 

I don't want Frost to fail, I don't want to see the guy get fired, but reading some of the things I've read tonight and hearing some of the things I've heard.............IT'S OVER! Our O-line wasn't ready for the D-End's to line up on their outside shoulders?! They weren't ready for the wide nine or five technique?! WHAAAATTTTTT?! :confucius:frenchy:bs:

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I don't want Frost to fail, I don't want to see the guy get fired, but reading some of the things I've read tonight and hearing some of the things I've heard.............IT'S OVER! Our O-line wasn't ready for the D-End's to line up on their outside shoulders?! They weren't ready for the wide nine or five technique?! WHAAAATTTTTT?! :confucius:frenchy:bs:

It blew me away....NFL Lineman chiming in.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

11 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

As dumb of a thing as that is to say, it's even more mind numbing to thing that a head coach, someone who has learned at the altars of Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Snyder and Chip Kelley, can't adjust to a 4 man front, the most basic and common of all defensive fronts. 

It is painfully obvious Frost does not want to be here anymore. 

12 hours ago, captain_sasquatch said:

-Have a game-changing interception turned over with 30 yards of unnecessary penalties.

A gift from the B1G Admin.  Many more to come for us burning the bridge between NU and the B1G.  One more thing to thank Frost and Moos for as they each drive away with a semi-truck filled with cash. 

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ehhh, this part is just being catty, who cares what time they show up.  They are not working at Hy Vee and have to count their drawer by 8am.

Frost is getting paid $96,153 PER WEEK.  He should be the first to show up and last to leave every time.  TO would typically be the last to leave Memorial Stadium (late in the evening) besides the janitors/security after a home game.

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ehhh, this part is just being catty, who cares what time they show up.  They are not working at Hy Vee and have to count their drawer by 8am.

If it is truly around noon, then I disagree. They're getting paid a metric f#&%ton of money to not do their jobs for half of the day, then show up and put that product on the field on Saturdays. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

If it is truly around noon, then I disagree. They're getting paid a metric f#&%ton of money to not do their jobs for half of the day, then show up and put that product on the field on Saturdays. 

I get it, I do, but they practice in the morning and do pressers right after at like 11am.

And what is the difference if you show up at 6am and leave at 5pm, or show up at noon and leave 11pm.

Either way, this is what happens when fans start to get upset, everything becomes a big deal.  But I think there is only about 3 more months of this and then a coaching search.