"A Chance To Be Real Good" - Scott Frost

1 minute ago, pubes said:

I want frost to not suck. But I feel like that’s like dating the trashy hot skank and asking her to not f*ck around. 

He was the given the golden keys and the ability to drive it like no one was watching. 

look at the product. He is what he is. I feel Frost needs an authority figure above him. Like a father figure.  I have no explanation of the 12-0 season at UCF, except I doubt he could have repeated it.  And I firmly believe he wants to be let go. He has never been forced to stay anywhere. He’s captive for the first time. 

Easy, there ol bud. 

there were 5 really big plays that swung the game for Illinois:

INT overturned, long pass down sideline, dumbass play by CTB, terrible throw by AM in the end zone, fumble returned for TD before half. 5 plays. 

4 of those were “mistakes” by us, given to them. 

I know we do that on the reg and it’s Frosts M.O. at this point after 3 yrs and 1 game. It suuucks. 
it’s on him to coach pliers not to do stupid s#!t. 

my guess is he looked at the tape (for a long time) dissected every play and how each play had the “damn, we were close on that one”. 

after his disastrous presser, I’m glad and hopeful he see’s the tape and can visualize his team being good and getting better. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

He was the given the golden keys and the ability to drive it like no one was watching. 

look at the product. He is what he is. I feel Frost needs an authority figure above him. Like a father figure.  I have no explanation of the 12-0 season at UCF, except I doubt he could have repeated it.  And I firmly believe he wants to be let go. He has never been forced to stay anywhere. He’s captive for the first time. 

I doubt UCF had more than 2 people covering the team (media), let a lone a message board.  They had some talent, some speed, and lightening in a bottle at QB.  Plus the competition (opponents and conference) wasn't in the power 5.  Sunny Florida.  Perfect situation.  Top dog in the state is the Florida Gators, Miami and FSU.  

I think the situation in Lincoln is clearly more intense and comes with a lot more of everything else. 

10 hours ago, I am I said:

Easy, there ol bud. 

INT overturned, long pass down sideline, dumbass play by CTB, terrible throw by AM in the end zone, fumble returned for TD before half. 5 plays. 

4 of those were “mistakes” by us, given to them. 

I know we do that on the reg and it’s Frosts M.O. at this point after 3 yrs and 1 game. It suuucks. 

my guess is he looked at the tape (for a long time) dissected every play and how each play had the “damn, we were close on that one”. 

after his disastrous presser, I’m glad and hopeful he see’s the tape and can visualize his team being good and getting better. 

Yea, we have always been a handful of major big massive mistakes away from winning the game for four years now.  

Lets be really clear....we the fans are not asking for Alabama level of play here.  We are asking for things to happen that normally happen 99.99% of the time for every other team like....don't field the ball for a safety or make your PATs or don't throw the ball right into your opponents hands or don't drop the ball on the ground right in front of your opponent or run the ball in the red zone or don't go 3 and out 90% of the time on offense or score points in every half or manage your time outs and clock management to win rather than lose etc.  In other words we are asking for minimal competent game management by the coaches and average performances from the players.  We are not asking for perfection nor do we expect perfection (90s level or Bama level) probably for the rest of our lives. 

10 minutes ago, Bledred said:

Yea, we have always been a handful of major big massive mistakes away from winning the game for four freaking years now.  

Lets be really clear....we the fans are not asking for Alabama level of play here.  We are asking for things to happen that normally happen 99.99% of the time for every other team like....don't field the ball for a safety or make your PATs or don't throw the ball right into your opponents hands or don't drop the ball on the ground right in front of your opponent or run the ball in the red zone or don't go 3 and out 90% of the time on offense or score points in every half or manage your time outs and clock management to win rather than lose etc.  In other words we are asking for minimal competent game management by the coaches and average performances from the players.  We are not asking for perfection nor do we expect perfection (90s level or Bama level) probably for the rest of our lives. 

Literally our hopes and dreams were to be .500 or better in year 4....Im not sure how we get there honestly. But we need to REALLY take care of business the next two weeks. I mean throttle them. 

• Plus1 3

10 hours ago, I am I said:

Easy, there ol bud. 

4 of those were “mistakes” by us, given to them

The emboldened could be cut and pasted coming up on 20 times in just over 3 years of Frost's tenure.  Just reading the bold, you could get a dozen different answers on what game or year this is referencing.

That's called a pattern, and it's a reflection of extremely poor leadership.  You have your players now, your system, your rhythm, and get beaten up by one of the worst teams in the conference led by a 1st year HC and a 2nd string QB.

The video of the Illinois kids jumping in water, dancing around laughing, looking very loose - Brett B. instilled in them an attitude they knew they were going to win that game.  Can't say this happens from the leaders on the other sideline.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, krc1995 said:

I thought (pre 2019 season) Frost was going to get that in Lubick who started off as a consultant for us for the 2019 season before coming out of retirement from football to join Frost's staff as our OC in 2020.   After the last 2 years it's clear to me that this is not the case.

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Literally our hopes and dreams were to be .500 or better in year 4....Im not sure how we get there honestly. But we need to REALLY take care of business the next two weeks. I mean throttle them. 

The problem on our schedule is never the cup-cakes.  They tell us nothing and are basically just two steps closer to a bowl game and nothing more.  It is the Illinois, Purdue, Minn, Iowa and Northwestern games that are must wins which we always find a way to lose more than half of them.