Corporations: the good, the bad, and the ugly

23 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Aren't there areas with 5G now?

21 hours ago, NM11046 said:

I don't think so.  They have delayed roll out twice (most recently in Dec).

I got a new phone last week and it shows that I have 5G. And Google Fi's coverage map shows a lot of the US has 5G available.

• Plus1 1

22 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm so out of touch with this kind of technology, so I'll go ahead and ask the dumb question.... Why would 5G, which is faster internet (right?), shut down planes and cars? Also, why are people concerned about it in the first place.

The fear is that it might eff with the altimeter on planes since the frequency is  so close. Supposedly it hasn’t happened in other areas but whoever (AT&T, Verizon?) is supposed to prove that it won’t interfere hasn’t done so yet.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

The fear is that it might eff with the altimeter on planes since the frequency is  so close. Supposedly it hasn’t happened in other areas but whoever (AT&T, Verizon?) is supposed to prove that it won’t interfere hasn’t done so yet.

Thanks, JJ. That kind of stuff is of no interest to me, but have seen concern from some about it's impact. Not just on planes, but other areas. Never understood why.

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So we're going to compare a guy who tried to make a movie out of his book (which had a director and interviews) to a group who is literally terrorizing Canadian cities, blocking border crossing, and disrupting life and business. Got it...

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, ZRod said:

So we're going to compare a guy who tried to make a movie out of his book (which had a director and interviews) to a group who is literally terrorizing Canadian cities, blocking border crossing, and disrupting life and business. Got it...

Terrorizing cities…..LOLOLOLOLOL.   Now protests are all of a sudden disrupting life and business….LOLOLOLOL.   

• Plus1 2

41 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This made me chuckle because this is sort of a big "Gotcha" for some of the crazies.  

Ya, we went through an entire summer of 2020 protests and before that the false narrative “hands up don’t shoot” protests which destroyed neighborhoods and businesses but considered fine.  Remember we were told it’s just property.   

Now it’s  considered terrorizing cities, disrupting life and businesses:D

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya, we went through an entire summer of 2020 protests and before that the false narrative “hands up don’t shoot” protests which destroyed neighborhoods and businesses but considered fine.  Remember we were told it’s just property.   

Now it’s  considered terrorizing cities, disrupting life and businesses:D

Stay on target Archy. This is Canada and not the US.

I bet if you'd like to look you can find examples of left wing organizations having their funding cutoff.