Corporations: the good, the bad, and the ugly

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

If it's so dangerous you'd think these guys would get out of the industry and destroy their work.

Since they're not, I'm guessing this has more to do with freezing new competitors out of the industry than actual concern.

Buy AI and NVDA right now if you can...I have been loving see my fat stacks get fatter with those two stocks.

• Oh Yeah! 1

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh, obviously, from a business standpoint the marketing was dumb.

But, in general, the reaction to it is even more dumb.

Possibly the worst marketing idea ever...

I have never bought/not bought something because of a commercial or billboard or anything...I just don't care about it that deeply and if I like something, I buy it.

But like Andre Agassi said...Image is everything.  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

If it's so dangerous you'd think these guys would get out of the industry and destroy their work.

Since they're not, I'm guessing this has more to do with freezing new competitors out of the industry than actual concern.

I betting it feels more like the decisions Robert Oppenheimer had to make. 

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Bud light most likely won’t fully recover and this current volume could very well be there new ceiling or close to it 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/bud-light-dethroned-as-top-selling-beer-brand-in-u-s-after-boycott/ar-AA1ceBsH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f85a52086e564d2da56ed0dd1ea38f2e&ei=22

I don’t think Anhueser-Busch really cares.

Dont they own Modelo?

This whole beer thing is so dumb. The major beer brands have been losing market share for decades, the proliferation of microbrews and introduction of beers flavored differently than urine began it. For a while, the corporations that owned the brands were able to offset that by buying up the microbrews and independent manufacturers.

Leinenkugal bought by Miller in '88 was the start, it snowballed after and picked up pace. Major acquisitions you'd recognize are Goose Island in 2011, Boulevard in 2014,  etc. Even though beer was primarily marketed to men, women often drank it too, as the alternative was zima, or bacardi raz, or ice, or some other nasty cheerleader beer that was only sold in 6 packs. The proliferation of seltzer waters, canned mixed drinks and  the glamorization of wine have provided other options, particularly for women, who are increasingly carb averse. This is why so many marketing campaigns are aimed at women. Men are currently the customer in hand for the beer industry, what they are losing there are to other beers, which the corporate conglomerates already own. Men who prefer spirits like Bourbon are already lost to these companies and likely not coming back as major buyers. The ads are all about trying to capture parts of the market share that significant studies have likely shown are available. The backlash is dumb. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 4
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Stupidity of the boycott aside, I was going to say that Bud Light is finally ranking closer to where they should…..and then I saw that they are behind even PBR, MGD and Miller Lite :facepalm:  Anybody that buys and drinks donkey piss beers like this gets what they deserve. I don’t understand how any of these barely flavored beers have survived the proliferation of actually good micro brews.

• Plus1 1