Corporations: the good, the bad, and the ugly

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

'merican exceptionalism.  When a company speaks out about policy and it creates faux outrage from neo nazis and a governor with really thin skin.

I honestly think Disney has tanked because ESPN is crashing and burning, Marvel and Star Wars have essentially been milked dry, along with companies like ABC becoming irrelevant with the uptick of streaming.

I don't claim to be an entertainment guru at all!  But is there any relationship between the sharp drop in the past 48 hours being related to the release of "Ashoka"?  I enjoyed the first two episodes, but I also like "Rebels".  I can see if people didn't watch that, they would be pretty meh on the new series.

The rest of the steady drop kind of coincides with ESPN's issues and the last Marvels and SW "hits".

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I honestly think Disney has tanked because ESPN is crashing and burning, Marvel and Star Wars have essentially been milked dry, along with companies like ABC becoming irrelevant with the uptick of streaming.

I don't claim to be an entertainment guru at all!  But is there any relationship between the sharp drop in the past 48 hours being related to the release of "Ashoka"?  I enjoyed the first two episodes, but I also like "Rebels".  I can see if people didn't watch that, they would be pretty meh on the new series.

The rest of the steady drop kind of coincides with ESPN's issues and the last Marvels and SW "hits".

I think you’ve hit on a few things I’ve also believed.   The Movie Studio Disney business has not been good for them.   The writing and directing doesnt seem to mesh with what the consumer is wanting.  There is a big disconnect.  The parks business is slowing from the economy and expense of everything and the streaming has definitely been a money drain.   Streaming was supposed to be the darling based on investor expectations when Disneyplus first came out.   

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Outside of Marvel and some Star Wars content Disney has been awful for years. As you said they've basically milked those two dry, and their live action remakes have been... Meh. Lion King was kind of weird to watch to be honest. ESPN has been garbage for a decade, and they continue to slide even further, their best talent is on Fox. There's almost no reason to get Disney+, even when bundled, unless you have little kids.

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Outside of Marvel and some Star Wars content Disney has been awful for years. As you said they've basically milked those two dry, and their live action remakes have been... Meh. Lion King was kind of weird to watch to be honest. ESPN has been garbage for a decade, and they continue to slide even further, their best talent is on Fox. There's almost no reason to get Disney+, even when bundled, unless you have little kids.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2023/08/21/5-reasons-disney-stock-could-be-a-bargain-right-no/

https://www.fool.com/investing/2023/06/05/this-1-chart-sums-up-whats-wrong-with-disney-stock/

• 2 weeks later...