Minnie vs OSU

lo country

Minnie up 14-10.  These teams look like they are in a completely different arena than NU.  I know PJ has a lot of haters, but one thing he said speaks volumes of coaching acumen. He said he wants to "make Ohio State coach tonight".  Going in wanting to force OSU to coach and work to win.  

Mods feel free to move if needed.  Didn't see anything in other B1G sports.  Figured folks might be watching and want to discuss. 

• Plus1 2

They're both on an absolutely different planet than we are.

I was watching some other games before this one started like the NC State football game. Its unreal to me just how much smoother, and how much better those teams are in every aspect of the game. 

Watching them is like watching a well oiled machine (even teams outside the top 25 like NC state). 

Watching us is like your about to have a heart attack every second worrying the machine is going to explode and burn down the factory...and most games it explodes over and over again.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Aliens05 said:

They're both on an absolutely different planet than we are.

I was watching some other games before this one started like the NC State football game. Its unreal to me just how much smoother, and how much better those teams are in every aspect of the game. 

Watching them is like watching a well oiled machine (even teams outside the top 25 like NC state). 

Watching us is like your about to have a heart attack every second worrying the machine is going to explode and burn down the factory...and most games it explodes over and over again.

Fluid.  They flow from one play to the next.  Economy of movement.  No wasted effort.

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Minnesota looks like they've gotten bigger, stronger and faster.  We get them October 16th on the road...

That OL is huge.  And at least for the 1st half winning the battle in the trenches.  And +1 in TO's.....I'm jealous to see a better coached team with "lesser" athletes playing so well.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, thatguy said:

i don't want nebraska to lose. the more i watch these other teams, the more i think Trev just needs to go ahead and pull the trigger.

It's hard to disagree. I want Frost to succeed.  But it is painfully obvious watching this game that we were ill prepared to start the season.  Ill prepared to adapt or adjust.  And it's year 4.  With his guys.  IIRC, only 2 guys are not his......Throw in year 4 and no QB back up, no experienced WR, no starting RB......IN YEAR 4.  Verduzco, Held, Austin and Lubick at a minimum need to go if Frost is given the opportunity to stay.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Yeah this is just depressing. No hyperbole, Nebraska looks like a pop warner team compared to tOSU and Minny. Its going to be such a long miserable season.

And Buffalo blowing the doors off Wagner 69-7 still in the 4th. Much bigger spread than we’ll manage against Fordham. I know you can’t extrapolate that way but I’d lay even money Buffalo beats us. Looking down the barrel of 1-11 to 3-9 tops.

• Plus1 3