Minnie vs OSU

lo country

1 minute ago, lo country said:

One OL who sat out last year because of Covid concerns is  6’9, 380 lbs.....  I loved when they’d bring in the extra OL to get added push. 

Their OL are like a bunch of grizzly bears. They will absolutely destroy and mow over our DL.

it’s going to be a very frustrating and maddening game.

• Plus1 1

44 minutes ago, funhusker said:

If this game was in week 4, after Stroud has 3 games to acclimate, the Buckeyes win by 28.

Minny was outclassed except for poor QB play by OSU in the first half and a gimmicky overloaded line that was shut down after halftime.

That said: Minnesota would get my money vs. NU after their first showings...

I don't like the "if" game.  What you see is what you get.  OSU 45 Minn 31.  There was no outclassing. It was a fairly close game.  And it's impressive that Minn led Ohio State at half time 14-10.  I wondered if Minnesota could keep it within 17 (my money on it), or if Ohio would thrash them "big ten bully style".  Thought it was an entertaining game.  Credit to both.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

Like many here- watching this game was a wake up call. I really enjoyed watching good football being played vs what we get to see here. Like most Im not a PJ fan, or fan of his schtick. But his clean cut, corny, disciplined approach is working and it worked at all his other stops too- props to him. 

Observations- 

OSU and Minny look like well coached, smooth teams that know exactly what they want to do, then execute it. IN the second half, even when they missed- they didn't miss by very much at all. 

NU in contrast looks like a herky jerky lemon car that has been deprived of oil and you have no idea if it will start- or stay started. When it is started it lurches and lunges down the road in somewhat random spurts of progress, often times coming to a screeching halt. 

OSU gets away with a lot. Their DBs were mugging Minnesotas receivers and werent being flagged for it. The missed targeting was BS too. Guess what- we used to get those kind of calls too back when we were really well coached. 

Minnesota is a team- last year and this that play actions really well off their run game. 

OSU and Minny will maul Nebraska

• Plus1 2

Im starting to hope that our Nebraska players arent reading these message boards. I am just as guilty of throwing this team under the bus. But the negative vibes are intense. 

I truly believe these kids are trying. We do have the talent. We just make mistakes at the wrong time. I saw plenty of them last night. Across all the games. 

The season is long. Teams have injuries, things happen. Im not predicting our wins vs. losses. My grade will be on improvement. Will this team win out? Highly unlikely. But I am going to be as positive as I can. 

GBR! 

• Plus1 4
8 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

How the heck is that not a targeting hit??? Led with his helmet. 

8 hours ago, lo country said:

That's targeting....Crown to helmet....

8 hours ago, SECHusker said:

Same league that changed it's rules for OSU to make the playoffs last year.

8 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Because it is OSU and the refs have been asked to help OSU reach the playoffs…if that was us, we would get targeting call against us 100%. 

8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

If you’re a B1G referee how do you sleep at night?  The lengths this conference goes to keep tOSU at the top is pathetic. 

But I’ll take it cuz I have OSU -13.5

This is the same ref who called targeting on Deontai Williams when we played Ohio State last year, causing him to miss the first half of the Northwestern game.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

Im starting to hope that our Nebraska players arent reading these message boards. I am just as guilty of throwing this team under the bus. But the negative vibes are intense. 

I truly believe these kids are trying. We do have the talent. We just make mistakes at the wrong time. I saw plenty of them last night. Across all the games. 

The season is long. Teams have injuries, things happen. Im not predicting our wins vs. losses. My grade will be on improvement. Will this team win out? Highly unlikely. But I am going to be as positive as I can. 

GBR! 

I understand and respect where you are coming from. It looks like our kids are "trying". I've supported this team for 51 years with my time and money. Seen real highs and recently real lows. I've tried to look at the bright side- lately just grasping at long shot slivers of hope, trying to convince myself we have a chance, are making progress. It just isn't happening. 

Unfortunately college football isn't age 6 t-ball where we cheer for everyone making a "nice try". This no fear of failure thing just isnt working. Same mistakes game after game, year after year. Call it what it is, telling little Jimmy hes doing great  when he isn't when hes 19 years old doesn't help him at all. 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/561ca5ce-5e00-437b-9c15-ccc2fea83991

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I understand and respect where you are coming from. It looks like our kids are "trying". I've supported this team for 51 years with my time and money. Seen real highs and recently real lows. I've tried to look at the bright side- lately just grasping at long shot slivers of hope, trying to convince myself we have a chance, are making progress. It just isn't happening. 

Unfortunately college football isn't age 6 t-ball where we cheer for everyone making a "nice try". This no fear of failure thing just isnt working. Same mistakes game after game, year after year. Call it what it is, telling little Jimmy hes doing great  when he isn't when hes 19 years old doesn't help him at all. 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/561ca5ce-5e00-437b-9c15-ccc2fea83991

Yea. I get it. Im just trying to stay positive. Ive gotten way too wound up lately! 

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is the same ref who called targeting on Deontai Williams when we played Ohio State last year, causing him to miss the first half of the Northwestern game.

Williams hit was very questionable. Last night, not any doubt at all.  But OSU has Oregon next week so you have to look out for them.  The receiver last night was knocked out momentarily.  That doesn’t happen from a “clean” hit.......

• Plus1 3

Sorry guys, I guess OSU gets the calls vs Minny with B1G refs but they defiantly don't get them when playing outside the conference. B1G refs are historically inconsistent...it isn't just when Nebraska plays. 

They really need to change the rule to a personal foul unless it is full on trying to kill someone. Getting kicked out of a game for a bang bang play is just dumb. 

• Plus1 4
11 minutes ago, jaws said:

Sorry guys, I guess OSU gets the calls vs Minny with B1G refs but they defiantly don't get them when playing outside the conference. B1G refs are historically inconsistent...it isn't just when Nebraska plays. 

They really need to change the rule to a personal foul unless it is full on trying to kill someone. Getting kicked out of a game for a bang bang play is just dumb. 

EFF that.... the refs are supposed to call an even game. That call essentially iced the game for Ohio State. Had the refs done as they were supposed to, the fumble would have been overruled and Minnesota would have had a first down plus penalty yards. Screw the Big. It is clear the refs are told before the game who is supposed to win. They make the calls that make that happen. Just like our Roughing/ taunting call that overturned an int. Just like the offensive PI call, just like the holding, on tour's long reception. Its all to create the outcome the Big wants. 

EDIT: The refs also pulled the cute back to back penalties game against Minny in the 3rd quarter to prevent Minny from answering Ohio States 1st touchdown in the 3rd quarter. Questionable holding call and I forget what the other was put Minney back at 2nd and 30.

• Plus1 2