Is Scott Frost an energy vampire?

Aliens05

15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Is Scott Frost a real vampire? He's pale, he never appears to be enjoying himself during the day time hours, he always wears a hat to protect himself from the sun, and he's sucked the life out of half our fan base. 

Don't be attacking gingers just because this particular one is a crappy FB coach.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Why this PJ love, because they had a good first half against a brand new QB that was on the road...only to get smoked in the second half???

PJ will never have a RB like Mo again (who is also gone for the season now) and has a 5th year starting QB.  

With all that they sucked last year and just got smoked in the second half by OSU.

Before Mo he had Rodney Smith who, while he didn't recruit, was pretty good in 2019.

1 hour ago, Houston_Husker said:

Being stoic is fine when you're winning like Osborne. When you're losing, it comes off as having no energy and bringing the program down.

And the thing is, Osborne wasn't always a lifeless statue on the sideline. In the early years, even into the early 80's, you could find him in a ref's ear from time to time. Did he carry on very long? No, but he would let the zebras know if he appreciated their officiating or not pretty clearly. There's audio of the last game he coached - vs Tennessee, and he was letting the defense have it. 'Don't let them run the ball down your throats!' We were up by 30 or whatever, but he wasn't happy with the yards we were giving up.

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, man eating mastodon said:

Pj knows how to win, frost not so much.  I do think he realizes that he hasn't lived up to his mouth and has been embarrassed and humbled, and has no clue how to fix it. 

i want to hear how he is going to fix this team.

if there are never any consequences for bad play, how do things improve?

some asses need to ride the pine!

Frost says a lot right in speeches they’ve shown pre game, he does get in refs ears, he’s been very excited and pumped at good play. He just does it kinda flat in overall rah-rah yelling stuff. I like his demeanor overall. 

as far as pine riding for poor play, didn’t Stepp get sat after his missed blitz? Betts hardly played at all for poor practice play 

• Plus1 1

IMHO, Frost feels (right or wrong) that he is a dead man walking.....I am sure it's difficult to really get invested realizing that the way to get off death row is to win.....And even he realizes that going bowling just got exponentially harder with the loss to Illinois.  To me, not just the loss, but the manner that we lost....And possibly realizing that another key will be to fire friends at the end of the season or sooner.....That's gotta way heavy..

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, lo country said:

IMHO, Frost feels (right or wrong) that he is a dead man walking.....I am sure it's difficult to really get invested realizing that the way to get off death row is to win.....And even he realizes that going bowling just got exponentially harder with the loss to Illinois.  To me, not just the loss, but the manner that we lost....And possibly realizing that another key will be to fire friends at the end of the season or sooner.....That's gotta way heavy..

Agree with this, I think 75% of Husker fans would take 5-7 or more so 6-6 this year if the product on the field showed tangible progression...that, to me, is the problem...no evidence of a corner coming up

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Agree with this, I think 75% of Husker fans would take 5-7 or more so 6-6 this year if the product on the field showed tangible progression...that, to me, is the problem...no evidence of a corner coming up

It's like a bad relationship. It has to be reasonably enjoyable.  There has to be indications of moving in the right direction given time except it isn't. No compelling evidence yet of being able to turn a corner. People are becoming reluctant to making an emotional investment. It becomes less a risk making a change instead of where one is at.  

• Plus1 1

If I am Frost...my non conference is loaded with heavy hitters until we start turning that corner...once that happens you back off the non conf to normal and play for record/ranking...until then you play the best to become the best...we learn nothing but false hopes and mediocre skills by playing the Fordham and Buffalo of the world. Not intending to throw shade at them but they are not teams we as a program should be benchmarking success on

I would take a non conf (repeated every year) of road games at Bama, OU (replace each year with other top tier teams) and a home and home vs a mid tier P5 than what we have now

On 9/2/2021 at 7:38 PM, lo country said:

I saw PJ running down with that Ibrahim long run on 4th and 1.  That's enthusiasm.  It's contagious.  I have yet to really see any emotion from Frost.  He is pretty even keel.  Not a bad thing.  I often wonder is he coaching how he wants (demeanor/persona) or how he feels he needs to?  I'd prefer a much more "personable" style on the side lines.  Maybe he is.  Watching on tv they don't show that side or they just don't show much.  

PJ Fleck runs down the sidelines because it's all about him and he knows the camera is going to catch him doing it. He's a dork. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1